The Student Room Group

What laptops do most students bring to university?

I was thinking of getting an Apple Mac because they are the “best” but what laptop is most commonly used by uni students?

If I were to get an Apple Mac, do most students use the Air or the Pro?
Well I have a MacBook Pro and it’s good for it’s storage, it doesn’t matter if u wanted u could use an iPad to take notes.
(edited 3 years ago)
It really depends on what you are studying. If you are studying something that you need to use to write essays for quite regularly, ANY laptop can do that. ANY laptop can help you type in notes. If the subject requires things to do with digital artwork, then invest in a laptop that can do what you need it to. All laptops can be used for university. It's probably better to invest in something else other than a MacBook because Apple ends up slowing them down every year like they do with the iPhones. Just get something with lots of storage space and whatever other features you require. The weight will probably be a big factor in what one you invest in also so that might be a feature you consider.

If you really want a MacBook, go for it. Don't do it to blend in with the crowd, it definitely would not be worth your money to do so. I wish you all the best for this year :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending