How to find a College, I just completed American Grade 11

Watch
Léo 987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am 18, I live in France and just completed American grade 11. I would like to do my final year in London this coming September. How can I quickly find a College in London that would accept me and would they require an entrance exam? We’re already in August and I barely have a month before schools start!
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds to me like its really late, they would have made places now for the universities etc.
Nevi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why London?

With all that’s going on, I’m afraid to say that coming here is a bad idea.

Firstly, nobody knows what is going to happen with Brexit and its impact on students.

Secondly, you could arrive in London and find yourself in lockdown, college cancelled or online. And London is the last place you’ll want to be in a pandemic.

We are expecting a second wave by the sounds of it. Whether that happens or not I don’t know, but the uncertainty is bad enough.

You could always try and look and see what London colleges are doing for international students. Whether they will let you come I don’t know. It will be expensive too and you don’t want to pay to have to do an online course - that would be a waste :/
Vapordave
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Léo 987)
I am 18, I live in France and just completed American grade 11. I would like to do my final year in London this coming September. How can I quickly find a College in London that would accept me and would they require an entrance exam? We’re already in August and I barely have a month before schools start!
It's way too late, sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (25)
21.93%
No (89)
78.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise