Tinders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anybody have a rough idea of how lenient unis have been with regards to SQA results? Just asking as an A-level student to gather a rough idea of how unis could respond to slightly disappointing A-level results.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tinders)
Does anybody have a rough idea of how lenient unis have been with regards to SQA results? Just asking as an A-level student to gather a rough idea of how unis could respond to slightly disappointing A-level results.
Scottish admissions and leniency isn’t comparable to the rest of the uk. The funding means that spaces are severely restricted every year.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You may want to ask this question in the Scottish Qualifications forum although the two situations are quite different as PQ pointed out

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 month ago
Tinders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Scottish admissions and leniency isn’t comparable to the rest of the uk. The funding means that spaces are severely restricted every year.
(Original post by harrysbar)
You may want to ask this question in the Scottish Qualifications forum although the two situations are quite different as PQ pointed out

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
Ok thank you so much guys!!
Lewis T K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think every Scottish university will have a different way of dealing with it. I would imagine the oversubscribed universities such as St. Andrews, Glasgow and Edinburgh will not have a lenient approach, where as others such as UWS and GCU may be more accommodating. I would hope for the future generations sake that the Scottish government would take the initiative and help those who may be disadvantaged due to Tuesdays results
Last edited by Lewis T K; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (28)
29.79%
Less motivated (66)
70.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed