The Student Room Group

Left on Delivered for Hours on End

Hi guys, just wanted to get your input on this situation that has been bugging me recently, and I feel like a prick for it. So I have been snapchatting this one lass for a few days, and it bugs me, cause I send her a message, she responds, with a nice, length response, then I respond, and then she ends up leaving me on delivered for hours. I got her to answer my snap yesterday, after being left on read for 26 hours, by sending a new message on a completely different topic, and when she replied, she apologized and said she "forgot", but then proceeded to have a good convo for a while. It bugs me cause I came off bad imo by mentioning it in front of others. Then after chatting for a while, I sent the last message in this morning replying to her, and from then its delivered. She hasn't viewed my story, if it means anything, and her snap score jumped only once today, in the AM. Can someone just help me figure out what is the issue?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, just wanted to get your input on this situation that has been bugging me recently, and I feel like a prick for it. So I have been snapchatting this one lass for a few days, and it bugs me, cause I send her a message, she responds, with a nice, length response, then I respond, and then she ends up leaving me on delivered for hours. I got her to answer my snap yesterday, after being left on read for 26 hours, by sending a new message on a completely different topic, and when she replied, she apologized and said she "forgot", but then proceeded to have a good convo for a while. It bugs me cause I came off bad imo by mentioning it in front of others. Then after chatting for a while, I sent the last message in this morning replying to her, and from then its delivered. She hasn't viewed my story, if it means anything, and her snap score jumped only once today, in the AM. Can someone just help me figure out what is the issue?

Why bother watching someones snap score? I personally swipe off my notifications for snapchat and can find myself not going on the app for days following, but I also avoid talking to certain people if I know a message is going to take even more of my time than it needs to. If you're having conversation on other networks, you really really don't need to be stressing about a poxy snapchat message. Personally people that pester me about replying to their messages really are actually quite annoying, I think you need to realise that this girls world doesn't revolve around you as much as yours seems to revolve around her. You've been chatting for a few days, its not like you're in a relationship. Give the girl a break.
People have lives that aren't glued to their phone? Instant messaging does not mean instant response?

If i replied immediately to every prompt on my phone Id never get anything done and would be constantly distracted and annoyed. Plenty of reasons why I might be busy or distracted for a day or so.
Original post by anonymous
hi guys, just wanted to get your input on this situation that has been bugging me recently, and i feel like a prick for it. So i have been snapchatting this one lass for a few days, and it bugs me, cause i send her a message, she responds, with a nice, length response, then i respond, and then she ends up leaving me on delivered for hours. I got her to answer my snap yesterday, after being left on read for 26 hours, by sending a new message on a completely different topic, and when she replied, she apologized and said she "forgot", but then proceeded to have a good convo for a while. It bugs me cause i came off bad imo by mentioning it in front of others. Then after chatting for a while, i sent the last message in this morning replying to her, and from then its delivered. She hasn't viewed my story, if it means anything, and her snap score jumped only once today, in the am. Can someone just help me figure out what is the issue?

leave herrr bad b*tches dont simp :smile:

I mean, she might just be really busy. We can't all be glued to our phones 24/7. However, if someone likes you they will still try to make the effort for you regardless of how busy they are. Also, try not to look at a person's snapchat score, it's not healthy. It will only vex you more if they haven't responded to you etc. I just think you need to have the conversation with her to see if she's still interested (if there is a romantic interest that is) as you don't want to be led on whilst she figures out what she wants. Or, she's just genuinely busy.
Reply 5

Don't listen to anyone telling you she's busy she just doesn't want to talk. It's that simple. If she liked you she would find time to text you. It takes 2 seconds regardless of whether or not a person is "busy". Don't waste your time. Move on
Original post by jayarna
Don't listen to anyone telling you she's busy she just doesn't want to talk. It's that simple. If she liked you she would find time to text you. It takes 2 seconds regardless of whether or not a person is "busy". Don't waste your time. Move on

'It's that simple' :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
'It's that simple' :tongue:

Turns out she responded this morning and simply said that she doesnt go on snap all that often, which I would believe tbh
Turns out she responded this morning and simply said that she doesnt go on snap all that often, which I would believe tbh

She just happens to not go on snap and not have notifications on either? She's lying lol
She just happens to not go on snap and not have notifications on either? She's lying lol

Why is it so far fetched that someone isn't on their phone all day lmao
Original post by wastedcuriosity

I can only assume it's a kid thing, If the majority of adults tried being glued to their phone like that they'd be sacked/divorced/sold in slavery

I can leave Whatsapp/FB notifications for days at times, I trust the people who know me to actually phone or text if it's important and they need me quick. Expecting 24/7 replies from people is just delusional selfishness IMO

(I dunno why someone said 'It only takes 2 seconds" BS, if they only took 2 seconds it's not going to be a v thoughtful reply is it? :tongue: )
Original post by StriderHort
I can only assume it's a kid thing, If the majority of adults tried being glued to their phone like that they'd be sacked/divorced/sold in slavery

I can leave Whatsapp/FB notifications for days at times, I trust the people who know me to actually phone or text if it's important and they need me quick. Expecting 24/7 replies from people is just delusional selfishness IMO

(I dunno why someone said 'It only takes 2 seconds" BS, if they only took 2 seconds it's not going to be a v thoughtful reply is it? :tongue: )

I know same, some friends I can go for a week or two without talking to, simply because we have other things to be doing!

Haha very true, can't be very meaningful conversation either :rolleyes: I like to wait until I can sit down properly and think through my reply
Who said that lol you only have to be on your phone for about 5 minutes. Not rocket science she just doesn't wanna talk
Who said that lol you only have to be on your phone for about 5 minutes. Not rocket science she just doesn't wanna talk

Some people don't go on their phones for days, I know when I'm busy at work or with lectures I don't have the time to send a long message to someone. Doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Some people don't go on their phones for days, I know when I'm busy at work or with lectures I don't have the time to send a long message to someone. Doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them.

That's you. That's not the case for most people lol
That's you. That's not the case for most people lol

It's the case for a lot of busy students and working adults.

OP didn't specify how old they are.
It's the case for a lot of busy students and working adults.

OP didn't specify how old they are.

It is not lol. That's why op finds it unusual and there are several threads with the same view. Op is also watching this girls snapscore. I don't think they'd be older than 22. Anyways that's just my opinion. Thank you
Obsessions over phones are not normal, there's a reason y'all hiding behind anon :tongue:
It is not lol. That's why op finds it unusual and there are several threads with the same view. Op is also watching this girls snapscore. I don't think they'd be older than 22. Anyways that's just my opinion. Thank you

A couple of my friends don't even have a phone!

Yeah, from the ages of 13-17 you're probably attached to your phone, but once you start working, or start having better things to do, going on your phone is not a top priority

I'm only 19 BTW. It's not that unusual for people to be busy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending