Meskk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
last year (year 10) wasn’t very focused at all and now my gcses are coming up in eight months. so far i haven’t had any idea what to do with my life but recently i found out i wanted to do a classics and modern languages degree at oxford, this will mean i have to teach myself french and latin (we don’t have teachers or tutors for those subjects in this country) is this too hard? should i give up?
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U have so much time too at least it’s not your A-levels, just make sure all your revision is up to date and in year 11 if your class gets the work done a few months before your exams, u will have revision lessons in class so your teachers can help. Maybe just do French at A-level and u could get tutoring for French if u wanted but u could study abroad to do this degree if it benefits u.
Last edited by Geraldthegoat; 1 month ago
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's giving up going to achieve? If people started giving up over things as minor as this then nobody would get anywhere.
rlyneedtostudy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never give up
emmapeprah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please Never give up and press on
Meskk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i just have no idea how i’m going to catch up on all of last years work while also starting two new gcses and teaching them to myself in eight months
FrazzleFace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Meskk)
i just have no idea how i’m going to catch up on all of last years work while also starting two new gcses and teaching them to myself in eight months
It sounds unrealistic, but only you will know the answer to that. If it is, then refocus on something that is achievable. Speak to teachers to figure out how to catch up on subjects where you're lagging behind. You have time to sort out what you want to do at Uni. Sometimes it feels like everything in your future life depends on one decision, but it truly doesn't. Life is very long compared to this short period you're spending in education. You don't have to figure it all out now. Again, it's not realistic to plan your whole life and career at this point.
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does modern language mean?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads