Ofqual Decision for GCSE's and A level 2021 Examination

Watch
Stanza03
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I just found out that the Ofqual put out an open consultation for this topic in July.

Really sucks as I don't think a lot of people knew about this open consultation and could weigh in there decision.

I'll provide a link for you to go through the document they have put together advising exam boards and us what they are currently doing for 2021 GCSE and Alevel candidates.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...levels-in-2021

Personally I borderline disagree with them not shorting the amount of exams or even actual content for majority of Alevels. Also coursework wasn't even shortened they just are now accepting mockups and any other evidence of coursework work being attempted.

I also really disagree with majority of things they have decided on for us.

Tell me what you think in the comments!
Usernamechange44
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stanza03)
So I just found out that the Ofqual put out an open consultation for this topic in July.

Really sucks as I don't think a lot of people knew about this open consultation and could weigh in there decision.

I'll provide a link for you to go through the document they have put together advising exam boards and us what they are currently doing for 2021 GCSE and Alevel candidates.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...levels-in-2021

Personally I borderline disagree with them not shorting the amount of exams or even actual content for majority of Alevels. Also coursework wasn't even shortened they just are now accepting mockups and any other evidence of coursework work being attempted.

I also really disagree with majority of things they have decided on for us.

Tell me what you think in the comments!
The questions were worded weirdly in my opinion
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I saw this before but I want to put my feelings here too. There has been no change for my subjects (Chemistry, Physics and Psychology) :emo:
Stanza03
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I saw this before but I want to put my feelings here too. There has been no change for my subjects (Chemistry, Physics and Psychology) :emo:
I think that's totally unfair as I these subjects are very content heavy and time consuming that we don't realistically have time for or to even go over them again in class with teachers for better understanding.
Stanza03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Usernamechange44)
The questions were worded weirdly in my opinion
Which question, mine or theirs. Sorry I'm slightly confused her
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that's totally unfair as I these subjects are very content heavy and time consuming that we don't realistically have time for or to even go over them again in class with teachers for better understanding.
I definitely agree! My Psychology teacher hasn't even finished year 12 content. Year 13 content for Biology, Chemistry and Physics is already hard enough and if schools close again then we are in trouble.
Usernamechange44
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which question, mine or theirs. Sorry I'm slightly confused her
Ofqual’s, I feel like they did that on purpose to in a way trick us
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (15)
27.27%
Less motivated (40)
72.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise