emmapeprah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have completed masters in special education and have also completed PGCE and would like to do BSc Mental health Nursing degree please would I qualify for full funding for the nursing degree
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From 1 August 2017, new nursing, midwifery and most allied health students will no longer receive NHS bursaries. Instead, they will have access to the same student loans system as other students. This applies to new students on pre-registration courses (those which lead to registration with one of the health professional regulators).

Students who already have a degree and are planning to undertake a nursing, midwifery or allied health profession subject as a second degree will now also have access to student loans through the student loans system.

Courses affected:

Nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning and disability)
Midwifery
Dietetics
Occupational therapy
Orthoptics
Orthotics and prosthetics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry/chiropody
Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
Speech and language therapy
Operating department practitioner
This change applies only to new students.

New students are defined as starting a course:

for the first time on 1 August 2017 or later
on 1 August 2017 or later, having withdrawn from or abandoned a previous higher education course in the 2016/17 academic year or an earlier academic year
on 1 August 2017 or later, as a full time student, having transferred from a previous part-time course or full-time distance learning course which started before 1 August 2017

source:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...bursary-reform
midwife2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emmapeprah)
I have completed masters in special education and have also completed PGCE and would like to do BSc Mental health Nursing degree please would I qualify for full funding for the nursing degree
This depends on where you are based. If you are studying in England then you may be eligible for 'limited funding' if studying a healthcare course and have the option of applying for the NHS £5000 that has only just come in this year.
If you are studying in Wales then the NHS Bursary and course fees still apply so you would be covered for course tuition and would be able to apply for the living bursary.

This one is for England:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

I hope this helps
emmapeprah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
From 1 August 2017, new nursing, midwifery and most allied health students will no longer receive NHS bursaries. Instead, they will have access to the same student loans system as other students. This applies to new students on pre-registration courses (those which lead to registration with one of the health professional regulators).

Students who already have a degree and are planning to undertake a nursing, midwifery or allied health profession subject as a second degree will now also have access to student loans through the student loans system.

Courses affected:

Nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning and disability)
Midwifery
Dietetics
Occupational therapy
Orthoptics
Orthotics and prosthetics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry/chiropody
Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
Speech and language therapy
Operating department practitioner
This change applies only to new students.

New students are defined as starting a course:

for the first time on 1 August 2017 or later
on 1 August 2017 or later, having withdrawn from or abandoned a previous higher education course in the 2016/17 academic year or an earlier academic year
on 1 August 2017 or later, as a full time student, having transferred from a previous part-time course or full-time distance learning course which started before 1 August 2017

source:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...bursary-reform
Thanks for the inofrmation

(Original post by midwife2020)
This depends on where you are based. If you are studying in England then you may be eligible for 'limited funding' if studying a healthcare course and have the option of applying for the NHS £5000 that has only just come in this year.
If you are studying in Wales then the NHS Bursary and course fees still apply so you would be covered for course tuition and would be able to apply for the living bursary.

This one is for England:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

I hope this helps
Thanks for the information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads