The Student Room Group

Do feelings take over thoughts??

Do feeling take over thoughts
Measured thoughts are very important, to rein us in from making rash decisions, that could be to our detriment.

But people who don't have feelings are only leading half a life. I feel sorry for anyone who can't "feel" for others.

I would say thoughts are more important and allow yourself time to get to know a person better (even as a friend) before you get to be comfortable with them and trust them. Then the feelings come into it.

There are many times when someone presents themselves to me as ideal men, etc, then you find out they have been dishonest about themselves and are, in actual fact, very flawed human beings. Then you pat yourself on the back for not getting yourself entangled with them.
Reply 2
Original post by Oxford Mum
Measured thoughts are very important, to rein us in from making rash decisions, that could be to our detriment.

But people who don't have feelings are only leading half a life. I feel sorry for anyone who can't "feel" for others.

I would say thoughts are more important and allow yourself time to get to know a person better (even as a friend) before you get to be comfortable with them and trust them. Then the feelings come into it.

There are many times when someone presents themselves to me as ideal men, etc, then you find out they have been dishonest about themselves and are, in actual fact, very flawed human beings. Then you pat yourself on the back for not getting yourself entangled with them.

I don’t want my thoughts to be come reality

Quick Reply