Lunabla2k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey just wanted to know if anyone has been homeschooled for a levels or studied from some homeschooling college?
if so pls lmk which one and your experience overall as I'm struggling to decide what to do.
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't but I hope you get the advice you need
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subjects?
Lunabla2k
Rep:
?
Bio, Chem, Physics and possibly business or accounting ( I can't decide between the two )
(Original post by Compost)
What subjects?
Lunabla2k
Rep:
?
(Original post by royalty1702)
I haven't but I hope you get the advice you need
lol I hope so too
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lunabla2k)
Bio, Chem, Physics and possibly business or accounting ( I can't decide between the two )
Physics, Chemistry and Biology all pose a significant challenge for home-schooled students because of the need to pass the assessed practicals. These don't affect your grade, but a pass in them is a condition of most university offers that require these A levels. It is hard to find anywhere to take the practicals (and so anywhere to accept you for the exams) and when you do find somewhere it is expensive (c£700 per A level). It's worth looking to see if the distance learning provider can offer any help with this.
Lunabla2k
Rep:
?
Physics, Chemistry and Biology all pose a significant challenge for home-schooled students because of the need to pass the assessed practicals. These don't affect your grade, but a pass in them is a condition of most university offers that require these A levels. It is hard to find anywhere to take the practicals (and so anywhere to accept you for the exams) and when you do find somewhere it is expensive (c£700 per A level). It's worth looking to see if the distance learning provider can offer any help with this.
yeah I've thought of that and I'm looking for someplace that help me with that problem but the main reason I wanna do homeschooling is that I've just moved countries amid pandemic and I'm finding it really difficult to find good sixth form or colleges that I think would suit me
CardiganOfAngst
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know of a couple of distance learning places that offer practicals for Alevels.

https://cloudlearn.co.uk

https://www.openstudycollege.com

But don’t know if they offer candidates the option of sitting their exams outside the UK
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CardiganOfAngst)
I know of a couple of distance learning places that offer practicals for Alevels.

https://cloudlearn.co.uk

https://www.openstudycollege.com

But don’t know if they offer candidates the option of sitting their exams outside the UK
If the OP is taking exams outside the UK then they'll be doing IAL (or Cambridge) which don't have the assessed practicals. Lunabla2k where are you going to be studying? And where are you intending on taking the exams?
Lunabla2k
Rep:
?
If the OP is taking exams outside the UK then they'll be doing IAL (or Cambridge) which don't have the assessed practicals. Lunabla2k where are you going to be studying? And where are you intending on taking the exams?
im going to be taking the exams internationally so outside of UK and I'm not sure where exactly ill be studying from as of yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
21.19%
Less motivated (119)
78.81%

Watched Threads