The Student Room Group

Do you think it's possible to spend your life with someone your not attracted to?

^^
Reply 1
Yes. It depends how you define attracted. If you’re great friends then I don’t see why not, it doesn’t have to be romantic if you don’t want it to be or don’t want to find anyone else.
If you are a guy, no.
Reply 3
Original post by Culver
Yes. It depends how you define attracted. If you’re great friends then I don’t see why not, it doesn’t have to be romantic if you don’t want it to be or don’t want to find anyone else.

By attracted i mean, have feelings for them (romantically).

Say if a couple got marries but one did not have mutual feelings for the other... do you think the relationship could work?
Or would it be a dead end relationship?
Nope , that would be weird lol
Original post by Anonymous
^^

Of course it is, people do it all the time. Wouldn't recommend it though!
By attracted i mean, have feelings for them (romantically).

Say if a couple got marries but one did not have mutual feelings for the other... do you think the relationship could work?
Or would it be a dead end relationship?

I wouldn't expect so, WTF did they marry in the first place?
Yes of course, as relationships can be about common interests and friendship instead of something romantic or sexual. There are also those who marry someone because of their wealth and money, sadly, but a reality.
Reply 8
Original post by StriderHort
I wouldn't expect so, WTF did they marry in the first place?

If they married due to family pressure or any other reason such as to prevent being disowned.. if they had no other option
If they married due to family pressure or any other reason such as to prevent being disowned.. if they had no other option

Sounds like some foreign forced marriage paedophilia type situation

Then that's whole different set of problems i'm afraid. Can't relate at all.

I assume this is your situation then.... sorry you're being pressurised in this way...is there no one that can help you get out of it?
perhaps. though it depends on what sort of relationship it is.
Very difficult for guys especially since they are more visual
Do I think it's possible? Yup.
Do I think it's wise to do so? Certainly not.

In my opinion, there's no point with being with someone if you're not attracted to them.

Definition of attraction: The action of evoking interest in or liking for someone or something

Why be with someone you don't even like LOOL wth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending