The Student Room Group

Personal Statement medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by urmumismyson
I pray I'm going to do very good in the ucat! I'm gonna wtch your videos also, thank you so much for the advice! I seriously needed to hear that.

for UCAT practice I recommend using medify to practice answering questions. If you work hard until your test, a month should be fine to get a good enough result on the UCAT. There are lots of youtube videos with good advice, personally I watched kharmamedic but I'm sure there are plenty of other good youtubers with good UCAT advice.
Original post by mildhan
for UCAT practice I recommend using medify to practice answering questions. If you work hard until your test, a month should be fine to get a good enough result on the UCAT. There are lots of youtube videos with good advice, personally I watched kharmamedic but I'm sure there are plenty of other good youtubers with good UCAT advice.

Yesss Khama medic is good too!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Emily5243
Are your predicted grades currently at BBB or have they gone up since february?
What are all of your GCSE grades? I know you mentioned your 5s in maths and chemistry but there are still medical schools you can apply to with those grades
you have got enough time for the UCAT and personal statement. I practiced for 5 weeks for my UCAT and got 3010 so you can do great with not much time! For the personal statement, I didn't spend a huge amount of time on it and by this point in the summer, also didn't have a first draft completed.

I had gotten a 9 in Religious studies and arabic language, 8 in history, and 7 in english language but its my science and maths that didnt go as well! I pray I do as I knw my maths isnt my strong point at all so QR is the most difficult section for me, I'm going to start doing questions only in timed conditions and right now I'm jst getting used to the techniques and way of approaching all the sections. I pray that this hasnt slowed me! That's a mind blowing result for ucat!! Wll done!
I'm going to be starting my personal statement jst once I feel confidence with my ucat revision, I'm jst scared of losing focus and track!
Original post by urmumismyson
I had gotten a 9 in Religious studies and arabic language, 8 in history, and 7 in english language but its my science and maths that didnt go as well! I pray I do as I knw my maths isnt my strong point at all so QR is the most difficult section for me, I'm going to start doing questions only in timed conditions and right now I'm jst getting used to the techniques and way of approaching all the sections. I pray that this hasnt slowed me! That's a mind blowing result for ucat!! Wll done!
I'm going to be starting my personal statement jst once I feel confidence with my ucat revision, I'm jst scared of losing focus and track!

Thanks! You seem like you have a plan so this is good. Just dedicate a bit of time each day to something for your medicine application and you should be absolutely fine.
Here is a link to medical school entry requirements 2021 entry https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2701/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools-2021.pdf
Once you have figured out which unis you meet the requirements for, have a look at each of their websites to try and find out their selection process (make sure they don't score GCSEs as yours aren't the best).
And remember, your personal statement will need to have reflections on your experiences and how those make you confident you want to do medicine.
Jst an open question; would it work in my favour to say that my GCSE's in humanities are btter than my science and maths one because I had wanted to be in a humanity and english based profession but changed my mind after GCSE's towards somethng science based? Despite my GCSE's in that area, but my reasons could be because I was so intrigued about medicine in the summer after GCSEs and decided to do work experience in a care home and discovered that I had enjoyed it more than i imagined? I am completely aware that lying on a personal statement is a big no no, but this could jst be somethng that aids me in getting some or any recognition at all before being completely ignored due to my GCSE's. Any thoughts? All are welcome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending