The Student Room Group

How can I wash fluffy cushions that can’t go in washing machine

Probably a weird place to ask this but I reckon youse will be helpful hahaha😂😂loads of kids over the years have played with them (youse will know how grotty kids can be) so id really like to wash them but can’t put them in the washing machine so how should I wash them? And what with
Original post by Lauododns
Probably a weird place to ask this but I reckon youse will be helpful hahaha😂😂loads of kids over the years have played with them (youse will know how grotty kids can be) so id really like to wash them but can’t put them in the washing machine so how should I wash them? And what with

double check your washing machine doesn't have a hand wash only setting as many do these days, if not then use the kitchen sink and warmish water and a small amount of laundry detergent

What material are they made from? Is the washing instructions label still attached?
Idk in a bucket? Could work although I’m not sure it would get enough dirt out
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
double check your washing machine doesn't have a hand wash only setting as many do these days, if not then use the kitchen sink and warmish water and a small amount of laundry detergent

Aw that’s a good idea I’ll check thanks! Also I thought I should use washing up liquid I don’t know why I didn’t think I could laundry detergent haha thank you
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
What material are they made from? Is the washing instructions label still attached?

No I cut it off:frown: I remember it saying that it can’t go into the washing machine tho
Aw that’s a good idea I’ll check thanks! Also I thought I should use washing up liquid I don’t know why I didn’t think I could laundry detergent haha thank you

laundry detergent will work better, just make it a small amount, washing up liquid might get too soapy :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
laundry detergent will work better, just make it a small amount, washing up liquid might get too soapy :smile:

Okay thanks I’m about to do it now, do you think it matters if they get too wet?x
No I cut it off:frown: I remember it saying that it can’t go into the washing machine tho

If you use a small amount of laundry detergent, and gently massage/rub it so that the material doesn't clump up or get too bobbly, and you could squeeze the water out using towels (I wouldn't risk wringing it out) and let it dry naturally.
Take them to the dry cleaners.
Original post by ZR246
Take them to the dry cleaners.

Yep definitely take them to the dry cleaners they will wash for you so you don't have to ruin them trying to do it at home.

Quick Reply

Latest