sophieeeeeexo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
is pharmacy good as a job bcus i may want to be one when i am older i am in yr 10 but goin in yr11 in september i am struggling if i want to be an pharmast?...

what grades at GCSE nd a-level do i have to get to become one in the future pls help thanks.....
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sophieeeeeexo)
is pharmacy good as a job bcus i may want to be one when i am older i am in yr 10 but goin in yr11 in september i am struggling if i want to be an pharmast?...

what grades at GCSE nd a-level do i have to get to become one in the future pls help thanks.....
try to get yourself some experience in a pharmacy, I used to be a pharmacy technician and left the job because it really wasn't good for me. you'll need good grades in science and then a levels in biology and chemistry and another subject.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

That depends what you mean by a good job!?

What are your predicted grades?

Typical grades are at least 7s in Science and Maths at GCSE to allow entry and success at A level. if you can't get this you will need a serious rethink as the step up to A level is huge.
Degree offers are ABB-AAB including chemistry and often biology or maths too.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

Hey sophieeeeeexo

I
am a current pharmacy student - for GCSEs I got A* and A grades but this isn't necessary to be a pharmacist
I think as long as you get 7s in maths and sciences you should be okay

As for A-levels I did biology chemistry and psychology, which is fine to get into pharmacy. Most pharmacy schools want chemistry and one other science and they don't mind about the third subject
The grades most unis look for are AAB - ABB, so you need to do well enough in your GCSEs and work hard enough in A-levels to get these predictions

I hope this helps you, and feel free to ask anything else about pharmacy!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Jai108
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

I did pharmacy (but not anymore, I work in university)
To head toward it, make sure you perform well in GCSE mathematics, science (especially chemistry and biology), and English (language and literature).

Recommended A-levels - Maths, Biology and Chemistry at the least. You'll need to understand the fundamentals of the sciences in order to well understand pharmacological processes.

You must get a grade C (or equivalent) at least in maths, science/chemistry/biology at GCSE.

As for A-levels, this depends on the university that you want to study a Pharmacy (MPharm) degree at. One may require BBB, one maybe AAB, and sometimes, the university may still consider you even if you don't meet the grades.

But my advice is to do your absolute best. Work as hard as you can and you will have so many opportunities.

Remember though, you MUST enjoy the subjects. If you don't enjoy them then maybe it isn't the right path. Always do what you enjoy the most.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads