15977emily
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey
Does anyone know if we will have to do the GCSE Speaking Assessment next year? I was supposed to do it at the end of Y10 and haven't seen any guidance on whether we still have to do it yet!
Thanks in advance!
blueamaraxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not certain but I assume it will probably go ahead (I did mine in year 11), presuming there isn’t another major lockdown of schools
15977emily
Rep:
?
(Original post by blueamaraxx)
I’m not certain but I assume it will probably go ahead (I did mine in year 11), presuming there isn’t another major lockdown of schools
Was it bad? I have autism and anxiety, do they make any changes for that?
Svnky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe that we may still have to do it however it is not compulsory for it to be recorded - that is what I have heard I am not certain its the truth however
Svnky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 15977emily)
Hey
Does anyone know if we will have to do the GCSE Speaking Assessment next year? I was supposed to do it at the end of Y10 and haven't seen any guidance on whether we still have to do it yet!
Thanks in advance!
I believe that we still have to do it however it is not compulsory for it to be recorded as previously done. I am not certain however. X
REDDINGZ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got lucky with mine. We were allowed to do our assessments surrounded by 5 people that we picked (so they could ask questions). Also the camera was broken so noone got recorded . Teachers were really nice (even the one notorious for being strict)
Last edited by REDDINGZ; 1 month ago
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In Ofqual's guidance: (for the changes to the 2021 exams) https://assets.publishing.service.go...ls_in_2021.pdf
"English language – reduced assessment anxiety for students and time for the teacher will be freed up by the removal of the requirement to record the spoken language assessment"

So I believe you'll still have to do the speaking assessment, but it won't be recorded
15977emily
Rep:
?
Thank you all!
In my school I think I might just have to do it in front of some staff members that know me! I definitely feel more at ease now
Thanks again!
blueamaraxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It wasn't bad at all because everyone's in the same boat. I'm sure they could make changes- at my school, one girl did hers in front of just the teacher, because of her anxiety (I think only a few sample speaking ones in front of the class are needed for moderation to AQA).
gkan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So it isn’t being recorded so does that mean our teachers will formulate a grade and send that off ?
15977emily
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gkan)
So it isn’t being recorded so does that mean our teachers will formulate a grade and send that off ?
Yeah I think so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads