Road to happiness

Watch
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
this is a thread where I post positive quotes to
make people feel better about themselves and life. feel free to post your own positive comments ☀️💓
sometimes it’ll be quotes made by other people or me just giving inspiration to you guys. hope it helps in some way. 😊🤗

* Stay strong and believe in yourself. I promise you that you will be happy one day if you believe it will.

This is the last positivity thread I made a year ago if you would like to read:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5879588
Last edited by Moonlight rain; 1 month ago
Moonlight rain
Believe in yourself. Believe you can achieve anything, never doubt yourself because you are very capable of achieving great things. I know that I believe in you very much. It can be difficult to believe when something seems impossible but just keep telling yourself that you can. There are those who have believed they can achieve great things even when people told them they can’t, even when it seemed impossible to reach, they believed. And their dreams came true. You will be extremely happy one day and I know you will. I believe in you and so should you. You are beautiful, you are loved, you are talented, you are brave, you are strong, you are capable and you are amazing. Believe that you deserve the 🌎💖
Name:  36160F11-9E0D-4300-B2E6-11ABC524DC22.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  47.0 KB
Moonlight rain
Name:  23C48326-BF29-4C0F-BA7C-49FE6DCFB404.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  133.9 KB

Someone who is happy is beautiful. Someone who is a loving, kind hearted person is beautiful. Someone who is happy is beautiful. Doesn’t matter if you have the nicest eyes, the nicest hair, if you’re not happy, it doesn’t matter.
We all can have insecurities and society can make us feel like we’re not enough. I get that it’s difficult to love yourself on the outside as well as in the inside in a world where there are beauty standards. But I’m here to tell you, F those beauty standards. We are all uniquely created and we are all beautiful. We’re unique. That’s what makes humans so amazing, we are all different and not one person looks exactly the same. I mean how boring would it be if we all looked the same? We’re all beautiful just the way we are and we don’t need to worry about what others say about us. No one is in this world to please others. Life is about helping others and enjoying life. Loving yourself and respecting yourself even if you think no one else does. Your opinion on yourself is the most important opinion. You need to train your mind into thinking positive thoughts about yourself. You look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are amazing. Take care of yourself, treat yourself the way you treat those who you love. You wouldn’t tell someone you love that they can’t achieve something or that they’re this they’re that. So don’t do it to yourself. Don’t dig yourself your own grave. Think happy thoughts and life will shine! :hugs: 💖🌹
Moonlight rain
Just keep breathing 💖🌟🌹
Just keep breathing 💖🌟🌹
Just keep breathing 💖🌟🌹
Just keep breathing 💖🌟🌹
Moonlight rain
I know sometimes life can make you feel so crap and you’re hurt. But I promise that it gets better. You don’t need to deal with all the pain on your own, there are so many people who can help you and want to see you flourish. Maybe people have hurt you, maybe you didn’t get the grades you want, the guy you want but that doesn’t mean your life is over. Things can seem so dark but If you try to feed yourself positive thoughts and share your feelings and not bottle things up, it will become less dark. If you are suffering, please and I mean please, seek professional help. Here are some numbers to call if you are feeling really down:
Anxiety UK

Charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.

Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 7.30pm; Saturday to Sunday, 10am to 2pm)

Bipolar UK

A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.

CALM

CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15 to 35.

Phone: 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight)

Men's Health Forum

24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email.

Mental Health Foundation

Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.

Mind

Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems.

Phone: 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm)

No Panic

Voluntary charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Offers a course to help overcome your phobia or OCD.

Phone: 0844 967 4848 (daily, 10am to 10pm). Calls cost 5p per minute plus your phone provider's Access Charge

OCD Action

Support for people with OCD. Includes information on treatment and online resources.

Phone: 0845 390 6232 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm). Calls cost 5p per minute plus your phone provider's Access Charge

OCD UK

A charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news and treatments.

Phone: 0333 212 7890 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

PAPYRUS

Young suicide prevention society.

Phone: HOPELINEUK 0800 068 4141 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 10pm, and 2pm to 10pm on weekends and bank holidays)

Rethink Mental Illness

Support and advice for people living with mental illness.

Phone: 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm)

Samaritans

Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.

Phone: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline)

SANE

Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers.

SANEline: 0300 304 7000 (daily, 4.30pm to 10.30pm)

Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare

Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum

YoungMinds

Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.

Phone: Parents' helpline 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm)

Abuse (child, sexual, domestic violence)

NSPCC

Children's charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.

Phone: 0800 1111 for Childline for children (24-hour helpline)

0808 800 5000 for adults concerned about a child (24-hour helpline)

Refuge

Advice on dealing with domestic violence.

Phone: 0808 2000 247 (24-hour helpline)

Please please please take care of yourself. Never give up on your life.
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just love love love this thread title and idea <2

Good luck to you :hugs:
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Synergy_)
I just love love love this thread title and idea <2

Good luck to you :hugs:
Aw thanks!
Hope it benefits someone xx
Moonlight rain
I think people really underestimate the power we have over our own life and feelings. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. I understand that there are mental health conditions and traumatic events that can have an intense impact over ones mental health. And that it can feel like whatever it is, it has taken over us and our lives and we are broken beyond repair. But some really underestimate the power we have over our own feelings. Yes, that negative feeling is strong. Yes, your mental health condition is complex and powerful. But the thing is, you are more powerful. If we fight these negative thoughts we have, we can defeat it and win the fight. You are more stronger than any of these mental health disorders or any of these traumatic events. You are not broken beyond repair, you are not a toy. You are so much tougher than you realise. If you just train your thoughts every single day then I promise that everything will get so much better and you will be speeding through your journey to happiness. Happiness isn’t far, it’s right around the corner waiting for you. It knows and believes that you can find it but you have to take the first step. You tell yourself “Today, I choose to be happy”, even if it means getting a notebook and everyday writing down some positive affirmations and repeating it over and over again. Sometimes you see someone and hear their story and you think how badly this person has suffered but you see how happy they are. Truly happy because they choose to be happy. They choose to not let anyone or anything have such power over them. Whatever is bothering you, make a positive affirmation for yourself.
Anyone can reach happiness and we will if we try. Stop complaining, and stop being miserable. You can choose to complain or you can choose to be happy. You can choose to dwell over the past or you can choose to focus on the present. You got the power. You got this.
🌹😊
Moonlight rain
Good morning. Wake up with a happy thought:
:suith: Today, I choose to be happy :suith:
bimbibap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Love this!

Name:  DB091206-19D5-4C50-BA9C-A29A7E930CBB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  22.5 KB

I love this quote because when people go too far in the wrong direction, they choose to keep going because they think it’s too late to do the right thing, they think they can’t be forgiven (or forgive themselves). They think the path they’ve made for themselves has been paved too deeply and turning around is no longer an option. All they need is someone to tell them that you can turn around and you can be forgiven

but first you must change your mind.
Moonlight rain
(Original post by bimbibap)
Love this!

Name:  DB091206-19D5-4C50-BA9C-A29A7E930CBB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  22.5 KB

I love this quote because when people go too far in the wrong direction, they choose to keep going because they think it’s too late to do the right thing, they think they can’t be forgiven (or forgive themselves). They think the path they’ve made for themselves has been paved too deeply and turning around is no longer an option. All they need is someone to tell them that you can turn around and you can be forgiven

but first you must change your mind.
Say it louder for the people at the back 👏🏾
It is never too late to change your life🌹
Moonlight rain
💫 Forgive yourself
💫 Take care of yourself
💫 Protect your peace
💫 Love yourself
💫 Stay true to yourself

Everything will be great 💖💫
Moonlight rain
Name:  DEA09252-0311-4309-89AD-A78CC9290B59.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  106.4 KB

Say it like you mean it, kings and queens. 💓☀️
Moonlight rain
💋 I will reach happiness... 💋
💋 I will reach inner peace...💋
💋 I will get everything I want in this world...💋
💋 I will be patient and trust the process...💋
Nutella!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i love love LOVE this thread! :jumphug:
💓🍬💫
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Nutella!)
i love love LOVE this thread! :jumphug:
💓🍬💫
omg thanks 🤗🤗
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Attachment 937332

“No man is an island”

When I first read this quote, I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach followed by a wash of sadness. This quote came to me in a time when I needed it the most. Where I felt I was completely alone, isolated from the world - an Island.

I think of this quote whenever I feel that dark place taking hold of me. This quote reminds me that I am not alone as long as I am a part of humanity - a part of the continent. That no one can truly alone or self sufficient, in order to thrive we must work together and that we need each other’s comfort and company.

The poem goes onto to say - “every death diminishes me” - to the writer he feels as though every person who dies is as if he died. There is a sense of responsibility for each other. If only we all felt like this - when people see the horrible things happening in the media, they almost become immune to it. But why should they care what’s happening hundreds of miles away in a country they’ve never been to, where people speak a language they can’t even understand. This quote serves to remind people of the responsibility we all have for each other.

- May all the lives lost in the recent bomb explosion in Beirut find eternal peace.
Last edited by bimbibap; 1 month ago
Moonlight rain
(Original post by bimbibap)
Attachment 937332

“No man is an island”

When I first read this quote, I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach followed by a wash of sadness. This quote came to me in a time when I needed it the most. Where I felt I was completely alone, isolated from the world - an Island.

I think of this quote whenever I feel that dark place taking hold of me. This quote reminds me that I am not alone as long as I am a part of humanity - a part of the continent. That no one can truly alone or self sufficient, in order to thrive we must work together and that we need each other’s comfort and company.

The poem goes onto to say - “every death diminishes me” - to the writer he feels as though every person who dies is as if he died. There is a sense of responsibility for each other. If only we all felt like this - when people see the horrible things happening in the media, they almost become immune to it. But why should they care what’s happening hundreds of miles away in a country they’ve never been to, where people speak a language they can’t even understand. This quote serves to remind people of the responsibility we all have for each other.

- May all the lives lost in the recent bomb explosion in Beirut find eternal peace.
Oh wow, I had no idea about the bombing. May their souls rest in peace and their loves ones find forever peace and happiness. 💘💘💘
Moonlight rain
It’s very easy for us to worry about our future and sometimes it feels like we need to have a plan and we need everything to be perfect. Stop stressing yourself out and just relax. Everything will sort itself out on its own, stop wasting your time thinking about what you didn’t do. Sometimes we lose our direction in life and we aren’t sure about what the future holds for us but it’s okay. There’s not one human being in this world that is certain 100% of the time. Life will guide you, you must trust the process and take a deep breath. Everything will work out for you and if it wasn’t how you planned it, it is going to be something even greater. Just believe. ☀️🌹
Moonlight rain
Your happiness is in your hands. No one can give you happiness, you must find it on your own. Your happiness is extremely important and you are worthy of endless happiness and love and good health. 💫
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (42)
13.29%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
14.56%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (112)
35.44%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (32)
10.13%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
21.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
5.38%

Watched Threads