Road to happiness

Watch
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by bimbibap)
I find it so hard to no care abt what others think, I grew up in a culture where everyone is in everyone’s business. There is so much I can’t to as it might “bring shame” to the family. Sometimes I feel I’m
trapped, but I can’t get out. It’s like everything I do is supposed to bring me closer to happiness and being the version of myself I want to be, but it’s not. Like I found out I’m going to my dream uni today and I didn’t even care I wasn’t happy, will I ever be truly happy idk I hope so.
You will be happy but your mentality right now is really off. There is a lot of self doubt here and that’s the one thing you must stop. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and I promise you that you will reach happiness if you believe in yourself. I know what you mean about culture but you don’t have to reach anybody’s standards and expectations of you. You are not your culture. You are you and that’s simply enough.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
believe in itself my darling. I no bradford and student finance and unis and life in general is testing I right now but it’s doing so so u can show ur such a strong and amazing person. u got this luv. u are strong. u are incredible. everything will turn out fine all will be okay. pls relax i no it’s not easy to do in this situation but pls try. ur a shining star and life can never bring u down. u will go to uni and u will be a first rate mental health nurse. periodt. never take ur mind off that. ur worth it babe.
thank you so much, you’ve made me feel much better. I was stressing out a few minutes ago but I told myself that there can be a lot of obstacles on the way to happiness some of which can be really hard to get out of but the earth hasn’t given up on me. Whatever outcome, I believe and I will be happy. I’m amazing and worthy of happiness💖☺️
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Guys, I have been through hell and back. I won’t even list all the stuff I’ve been through cause it would take me to next week. And I have failed so many exams, so many goals I started on but never finished. So many bad times but I never gave up. It really is your choice. Be happy or be miserable. Simple.
Even if I don’t get into uni that I have worked so long to get into, I will be happy and accept that is my journey and I trust In it. IT IS OKAY. It is not the end of the world, my loves. Trust me on that🌞

Taglist:
vix.xvi
bimbibap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Angelic Roar)
You will be happy but your mentality right now is really off. There is a lot of self doubt here and that’s the one thing you must stop. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and I promise you that you will reach happiness if you believe in yourself. I know what you mean about culture but you don’t have to reach anybody’s standards and expectations of you. You are not your culture. You are you and that’s simply enough.
I know I’m trying and I won’t give up hope - I haven’t lost complete faith. Xx
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
I know I’m trying and I won’t give up hope - I haven’t lost complete faith. Xx
You will regain all your faith in no time. Keep trying, stay strong, believe in yourself and never give up. Not to sound arrogant but let me be your inspiration. **** has gone south many times but I’m still up and smiling. It all gets so much better for you and one day you will look back and possibly laugh because you wondered it was so silly for you to be worrying about nothing. Life has got you.
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You will regain all your faith in no time. Keep trying, stay strong, believe in yourself and never give up. Not to sound arrogant but let me be your inspiration. **** has gone south many times but I’m still up and smiling. It all gets so much better for you and one day you will look back and possibly laugh because you wondered it was so silly for you to be worrying about nothing. Life has got you.
Sis you are so kind and you deserve all the good this world has to offer - If you can overcome the hardships you’ve faced, maybe so can I. ♥️ also please tell me you’re going uni, has something happened? I thought you got the grades?!?
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Sis you are so kind and you deserve all the good this world has to offer - If you can overcome the hardships you’ve faced, maybe so can I. ♥️ also please tell me you’re going uni, has something happened? I thought you got the grades?!?
no you definitely will and thank you hun. there’s 50% chance I don’t go. whether that is the grades or I don’t pass the fitness check or other things. but don’t worry about me, whatever happens, I’ll be happy 🌸💘
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
no you definitely will and thank you hun. there’s 50% chance I don’t go. whether that is the grades or I don’t pass the fitness check or other things. but don’t worry about me, whatever happens, I’ll be happy 🌸💘
I’ll pray you’ll get in. Let us know if it works out x
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Today is Friday, you’ve managed to get through this week like a boss. Congratulations. I hope you have an amazing weekend, I hope you have also reached any goals you’ve set yourself this week. If not, not to worry. There’s always tomorrow, there’s always time. Stay blessed and Stay strong. You are very dear to me ☺️💘

Taglist:
vix.xvi
TSR User_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Can I post happy quote pics?????????????????
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sofie Rose)
Can I post happy quote pics?????????????????
Absolutely!
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Absolutely!
Thanks. :crown:
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Name:  D606337C-F90E-42D4-800D-000AE4205EC5.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  13.5 KB
I am grateful for everything. I could be In a much worse position. I’m grateful and blessed 🌸🌹

Taglist:
vix.xvi
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Name:  i.PNG
Views: 15
Size:  198.3 KB
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Name:  j.PNG
Size:  213.5 KB
I changed this to my avatar.
Last edited by TSR User_123; 11 months ago
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Since everyone is sharing quotes I thought I'd share one of my faves
Attached files
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Name:  i.PNG
Size:  198.3 KB
Name:  j.PNG
Size:  213.5 KB
(Original post by vix.xvi)
Since everyone is sharing quotes I thought I'd share one of my faves
You guys are so kind, I feel better and I hope others who see this also feel better 🌹🌹
TSR User_123
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You guys are so kind, I feel better and I hope others who see this also feel better 🌹🌹
Thank You.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
You’re too important for the world to lose.
You’re so needed, the earth wouldn’t be the same without you. Treat yourself as a top priority and be gentle with yourself. Understand you’re not superhuman and you must be kind to yourself. You’re trying, give yourself a break. 🌹

Taglist: vix.xvi
bimbibap
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Name:  C026690F-D028-4BC0-B035-D60CE7234EFB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  37.8 KB

A lot of people split most of their lives into two parts - the times they were happy and the times they weren’t. They believe that these two parts of their lives are separate, completely independent from each other. But in truth, the storms of your life are what build your character and the direction you go in is driven by your desires. You can’t control the storm but you can choose the direction your boat should take. Both parts of your life are what make you who you are - embrace the storm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads