Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. A perfect relationship can be built without it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
"required to provide"? ugh, no
So guys can go without sex in a relationship??
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, sex is just an arguable bonus not a necessity. Although some peeps might want children, but even then you can do IVF or artificial insemination so it's not needed at all.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
some can.
most probably can't tbh. but it depends on their age and preferences etc
Mojmeer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
not teenagers
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there's no sex, it's a good platonic friendship. Which is fine.

If there's sex, it's a romantic relationship, sexual relationship, boyfriend - girlfriend, marriage, whatever label you want to put on it.

There is a special bond between 2 people that are having sex with each other. Especially if it's compatible sex to a competent level.

Good platonic friendships are great. But there's no way on Earth that I would ever let a good platonic friendship tie me down from having sex with someone else.
Most, possibly all of the adults that I know feel the same way about this.

IE no sex = we're just friends.
Sex = you are my girlfriend or boyfriend. That 1 extra special person in my life right now.

And when you think about it, it's totally unreasonable for 1 adult to say to another "You're not having sex with me. And I don't want you to have sex with anyone else. And if you do, our friendship is over."
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
If there's no sex, it's a good platonic friendship. Which is fine.

If there's sex, it's a romantic relationship, sexual relationship, boyfriend - girlfriend, marriage, whatever label you want to put on it.

There is a special bond between 2 people that are having sex with each other. Especially if it's compatible sex to a competent level.

Good platonic friendships are great. But there's no way on Earth that I would ever let a good platonic friendship tie me down from having sex with someone else.
Most, possibly all of the adults that I know feel the same way about this.

IE no sex = we're just friends.
Sex = you are my girlfriend or boyfriend. That 1 extra special person in my life right now.

And when you think about it, it's totally unreasonable for 1 adult to say to another "You're not having sex with me. And I don't want you to have sex with anyone else. And if you do, our friendship is over."
actually, it's perfectly reasonable in certain situations. and i mean in relationships. no need to call them friendships. e.g. if one partner experiences trauma. or if they're going through a rough time in general for whatever reason. so it's not always that simple.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why is this a question based on males and not just people?

People require sex, that's one of many reasons people get into relationships, if you aren't ready for it that's fine.
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most probably would want to i assume, but you can have a relationship without. asexual people exist
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
depends how old u are
anaindiemood
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean no it’s not “required” but I guess if you’re at the right age it’s just a natural part of developing intimacy. Then again it’s not the single most important thing in a relationship. Trust, communication and loyalty are all pretty important, sex isn’t much good without those...🙃
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
actually, it's perfectly reasonable in certain situations. and i mean in relationships. no need to call them friendships. e.g. if one partner experiences trauma. or if they're going through a rough time in general for whatever reason. so it's not always that simple.
A temporary hiatus is one thing.

Not having sex - ever - with a particular person is an entirely different kettle of fish altogether.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Why would a person not want sex in their relationship? It’s an integral part of being romantically attracted to someone.

Anything else is friendship or a life partnership void of vital physical intimacy.
username5288932
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
No. A perfect relationship can be built without it
Such as where?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads