abdul.a1z
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How has the discovery of the atom changed our views of the universe?
matscigal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s changed everything!
We can now consider the world around us in such a different way! Just thinking that you are made up of something called atoms is mind boggling enough!
You could also think about it from what areas of science that have become a thing since the discovery of the atom - particle physics for example even down to the explanations behind chemistry! Without the knowledge of the atom, would many of the things that are studied at GCSE and A Level science even be understood?
abdul.a1z
Rep:
?
(Original post by matscigal)
It’s changed everything!
We can now consider the world around us in such a different way! Just thinking that you are made up of something called atoms is mind boggling enough!
You could also think about it from what areas of science that have become a thing since the discovery of the atom - particle physics for example even down to the explanations behind chemistry! Without the knowledge of the atom, would many of the things that are studied at GCSE and A Level science even be understood?
Thanks but can you be more specific for me please.
Last edited by abdul.a1z; 1 month ago
matscigal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s hard to be specific without missing stuff out!

The discovery of the atom led to a huge part of physics - particle physics. We then discover what makes up the atom and then go even further!

Imagine the understanding of chemical reactions without the knowledge of electrons! It would make a lot of knowledge impossible to explain.
abdul.a1z
Rep:
?
Oh ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads