UK universities need massive reform

Watch
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by 161BMW)
This was years ago but I don’t get the certificate straight away I do not think. Was like that when I was at university. If you need proof for Masters etc then you just need confirmation from your university of your degree class and subject, name and date etc.

Also in a job you usually have to provide degree proof or certificate on first day or first week ideally.
Good to know.
Sentenced_to
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Szimonetta)
Maybe, however Norwegian higher education is free and in Germany you pay the fraction (around €700/year) of what you pay in the UK.
That's exactly why I used these in my example. :^_^:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There are probably many reasons for university reform, but poor admin at one (or even a few) will be low on the list I am sure. As for poor admin, the government ought to start with travel companies that are failing to refund customers in the legal timescale. I don't fly with Ryanair, but those who were going to are having to wait months for refunds, and the government should say that if they don't meet a deadline, no Ryanair flights into and out of the UK.
Sentenced_to
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EU Yakov)
it's not

it gives the op an extra reason to have high standards because they're the ones who bore the loss

in countries where HE is 100% publicly funded, it should be students as future taxpayers, current taxpayers, and the government pushing against this shoddy responsiveness
Even If you buy a bag of chips from a mini market you are a taxpayer (VAT).
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
Eh, wasn't the OP the guy who spent months telling anyone who would listen how great and prestigious Nottingham was. Weird. I doubt your experience in the Netherlands will be much better, so keep those expectations in check.
That's right. If he is miserable in Nottingham, he will no doubt be miserable in the Netherlands as well.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
That's right. If he is miserable in Nottingham, he will no doubt be miserable in the Netherlands as well.
I'm not miserable about anything i was just slightly annoyed at my circumstances, similar to how you felt when your son came home with a 2:2 instead of a 2:1. You thought for a moment how could Oxford let Oxfordmum down... But then you moved on, i will do the same. I still love Nottingham and would highly recommend it.

But i do also enjoy value for money of the Netherlands and objectively they... as a sector have dealt with covid-19 better in terms of response........ They have been back at work since early June...

No one's miserable and if you don't like me, which i know you don't... Why not just follow your ignore list and worry about your kid's, or at least people who want to go to Oxford.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 2 months ago
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snufkin)
Eh, wasn't the OP the guy who spent months telling anyone who would listen how great and prestigious Nottingham was. Weird. I doubt your experience in the Netherlands will be much better, so keep those expectations in check.
Hey man, even prestigious institutions aren't perfect 👌.
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
I'm not miserable about anything i was just slightly annoyed at my circumstances, similar to how you felt when your son came home with a 2:2 instead of a 2:1. You thought for a moment how could Oxford let Oxfordmum down... But then you moved on, i will do the same. I still love Nottingham and would highly recommend it.

But i do also enjoy value for money of the Netherlands and objectively they... as a sector have dealt with covid-19 better in terms of response........ They have been back at work since early June...

No one's miserable and if you don't like me, which i know you don't... Why not just follow your ignore list and worry about your kid's, or at least people who want to go to Oxford.
Did you not know that you're not allowed to like a place and still find flaws.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise