I sent a picture of my house to a stranger and I am really scared

Watch
Cowsforlife12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sent a picture of a house to a stranger but I deleted them and now I am worried he has saved it on his phone or something, what should I do?
edit: I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. My house number or street name is not in that picture as it was taken from the side but I am quite paranoid.
Last edited by Cowsforlife12; 1 month ago
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait, why did you send them a photo of your house to begin with.
cc_babyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell your parents and ask for a restraining order from the police if you think they’re going to harm
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cowsforlife12)
I sent a picture of a house to a stranger but I deleted them and now I am worried he has saved it on his phone or something, what should I do?
Reflect and ask yourself why you would do such a stupid thing?
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That really wasn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.
Unfortunately now adays, there are alot of people out there, that will look to exploit every possible situation.
Hopefully lesson learnt, and you won't do it again. Good luck. Xx
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you send a photo of the inside of your home, the front door or focus on something else? :confused:
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm mildly confused as to why you would send a photo of your house?
Cowsforlife12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
Reflect and ask yourself why you would do such a stupid thing?
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something.
Cowsforlife12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Karisa96)
That really wasn't the most intelligent thing in the world to do.
Unfortunately now adays, there are alot of people out there, that will look to exploit every possible situation.
Hopefully lesson learnt, and you won't do it again. Good luck. Xx
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. Thanks!
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something.
Well I doubt he’s gonna do much with a picture of your house.
Cowsforlife12
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Did you send a photo of the inside of your home, the front door or focus on something else? :confused:
No, It was more of the side of the house.
Chocolatecakexx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did u send a pic of ur house no aswell?cuz that would be over the border of dumb
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not going to sugarcoat it, that wasn’t the wisest thing to do.
Don’t think man can do much with a photo anyway.

People on here are saying don’t worry but you should, if the guy can see a house number you and your family will be in danger
Last edited by RaA64; 1 month ago
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent it because there was a car crash right outside my house, I took a picture, sent it but I didn't think about the house part until it was too late! I deleted it 5 minutes after but I am paranoid the stranger has it saved or something. Thanks!
You'll be fine. It clearly wasn't in context of him trying to find out about the house, and you said it doesn't have any identifiable features.

Nothing's going to happen, don't worry.
Cowsforlife12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chocolatecakexx)
did u send a pic of ur house no aswell?cuz that would be over the border of dumb
No, it was more of the side of the house, the door number and street name was not visible but I am quite paranoid and worried he may do something to it. I took it because there was a car crash near it but I didn't think my house would be in the pic.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, It was more of the side of the house.
Is the person that you sent the photo to familiar with your local area?
A person of a similar age to you who you occasionally chat casually with on social media with or a gaming site?
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey it’s ok :hugs:
It was a mistake, did it have the front view of the house of anything that would make it stand out? If it was the side of your house, lots of houses probably look the same and it wouldn’t identify you very easily.
Please be careful next time!
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why tf would u do that first of all
Cowsforlife12
Rep:
?
A person of a similar age to you who you occasionally chat casually with on social media with or a gaming site?
He said he lived in Scotland but I can't go off that as a reliable source. Unsure of the age but from the looks of his posts and interests he looks no more than 16.
cc_babyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They wouldn’t need to be familiar there’s ways to find a place by just searching the picture
Last edited by cc_babyy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads