How I got all 9s at GCSEs (But most importantly, how you can too!)

Watch
MahrinA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone!

My name is Mahrin and I am currently a Year 12 student moving into Year 13 in September. I am studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-Levels and would love to apply to study Medicine next year. Last year, I received all 9s in my GCSEs.

I'm not a genius. But you don't have to be. You just have to play the exam system to your advantage.

In year 10 and 11, I spent hours researching study techniques and watching Study videos desperate to improve my grades. Now, based upon the research I have completed and my own personal experience, I feel I am qualified to give advice to students such as yourself on how to achieve the highest grades possible.

I have so much knowledge to impart upon you but I don't feel that TSR is the best platform to put this knowledge into in an organised way (I love TSR but you know...). I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in reading a blog dedicated to this advice? It wouldn't just be evidence-based study advice. It would include my own personal experiences (i.e.the transition between year 11 and 12, driving, applying to university, applying to Medicine, choosing GCSEs subjects, choosing A-levels). I want to help people but the only way I will be able to stay commited is if enough people are interested enough to read these blogs. Let me know what you think in the forum!

Also, tell me what type of content you want to see. I will update here regularly - just wrote the first draft of my first post!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x
Last edited by MahrinA; 1 month ago
X__X
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yessss I would definitely read it.
Also if you have any tips for Biology please share. I hate the subject - I daily question what came upon me to take it - and I haven't been getting the marks I want. I also have gotten a lot of varied advice on how to best study for it. Thoughts?
X.243llie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
id defo read it
hasnat614
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well done, I almsot did just as well too.
Im in yr 12 too!
Mustafa2021
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d read.
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by X__X)
Yessss I would definitely read it.
Also if you have any tips for Biology please share. I hate the subject - I daily question what came upon me to take it - and I haven't been getting the marks I want. I also have gotten a lot of varied advice on how to best study for it. Thoughts?
I have so many tips for you. I'll keep you updated when I finish an in-depth article on Bio - that mark scheme is evil! Are you talking about A-Level Bio or GCSE?
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by X.243llie)
id defo read it
cool - what type of content do you want to see my friend? keep the requests comingg
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa2021)
I’d read.
Let me know what you want! I took Triple Science, Religious studies, Maths, Lit, Lang, French, Computer Science, Geography, and Further Maths (I got an A^ so I have specific advice for that too!)
Sakiudns
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MahrinA)
cool - what type of content do you want to see my friend? keep the requests comingg
heyy im studying a level bio chem too and going into year 13
would love tips for bio a level even thoigj i do eduqas it would help as i dony know what to do with mark schemes

do u prefer to text or snap? x
Mustafa2021
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let me know what you want! I took Triple Science, Religious studies, Maths, Lit, Lang, French, Computer Science, Geography, and Further Maths (I got an A^ so I have specific advice for that too!)
So I am fine on all subjects apart from french. That would be amazing.
X__X
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have so many tips for you. I'll keep you updated when I finish an in-depth article on Bio - that mark scheme is evil! Are you talking about A-Level Bio or GCSE?
GCSE Bio pleaseeeeee :rofl:
Also any tips for Computer Science too
Last edited by X__X; 1 month ago
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by hasnat614)
well done, I almsot did just as well too.
Im in yr 12 too!
Well done!! Feel free to message me any advice you think is worth sharing x
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by X__X)
GCSE Bio pleaseeeeee :rofl:
Also any tips for Computer Science too
Of course!! Omg computer science - went from a 4 in year 10 mocks to a 9 by the final exam so I have some little tricks up my sleeve haha - will start writing soon!
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa2021)
So I am fine on all subjects apart from french. That would be amazing.
Went from a 5 to a 9 - I can help!! A lot of people struggle with languages don't worry x
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sakiudns)
heyy im studying a level bio chem too and going into year 13
would love tips for bio a level even thoigj i do eduqas it would help as i dony know what to do with mark schemes

do u prefer to text or snap? x
Snap x One thing though - I don't think I am qualified to give tips on A-Level until the final exam when I see what grade I get I could always just give general tips if you want but my AS grades were variable this year.
X.243llie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tips and revision techniques and maybe specific subject ones for example history is very different to maths so you would have to revise differently for those
MahrinA
Rep:
?
(Original post by X.243llie)
tips and revision techniques and maybe specific subject ones for example history is very different to maths so you would have to revise differently for those
of course - already on my list
spectrum84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone!

My name is Mahrin and I am currently a Year 12 student moving into Year 13 in September. I am studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-Levels and would love to apply to study Medicine next year. Last year, I received all 9s in my GCSEs.

I'm not a genius. But you don't have to be. You just have to play the exam system to your advantage.

In year 10 and 11, I spent hours researching study techniques and watching Study videos desperate to improve my grades. Now, based upon the research I have completed and my own personal experience, I feel I am qualified to give advice to students such as yourself on how to achieve the highest grades possible.

I have so much knowledge to impart upon you but I don't feel that TSR is the best platform to put this knowledge into in an organised way (I love TSR but you know...). I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in reading a blog dedicated to this advice? It wouldn't just be evidence-based study advice. It would include my own personal experiences (i.e.the transition between year 11 and 12, driving, applying to university, applying to Medicine, choosing GCSEs subjects, choosing A-levels). I want to help people but the only way I will be able to stay commited is if enough people are interested enough to read these blogs. Let me know what you think in the forum!

Also, tell me what type of content you want to see. I will update here regularly - just wrote the first draft of my first post!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x
Wow that's lots of fantastic advice but it takes dedication doesn't it, not many people will have the motivation to do that. Congratulations on your grades and hope you get into medicine! Can I ask where you're thinking of applying and when your UCAT is? x
lulumillie02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I would definitely read it. I love seeing people help everyone out so thank you.
Well done on your GCSE Grades they are amazing, I hope everything works out for you and you get into the medicine course at uni.
Good Luck
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
can you give us detailed advice on study and revision techniques for physics and chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.31%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
26.92%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.77%
No, I haven't received any communication (26)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed