Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How hard is it to get into King's College London for Dentistry? As in do you have to do an EPQ , if so what grade is permissable to get into this uni, or do they even care if you do it or not. Could they still accept me if my GCSE's aren't amazing but average and would such a high uni understand that our GCSE's weren't fair due to the covid-19 situation considering my A-level grades and work experience met the requirements?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
  1. Dentistry at any university is highly competitive and difficult to get into unfortunately, and the same goes for KCL
  2. You don't have to do an EPQ no.
  3. It is possible to get into dentistry with less than stellar GCSE's - what GCSE grades do you have/ are you expecting?
  4. I'm sure universities will take into account that the results of this year are an anomaly to the normal. They will probably look at other aspects of your application with greater emphasis though, to compensate e.g. AS grades, predicted grades, A Level grades, work experience, PS, UCAT, interview etc. So my advice would be to work hard from the beginning of year 12 so that you can achieve a solid record of high grades across the year.
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
  1. Dentistry at any university is highly competitive and difficult to get into unfortunately, and the same goes for KCL
  2. You don't have to do an EPQ no.
  3. It is possible to get into dentistry with less than stellar GCSE's - what GCSE grades do you have/ are you expecting?
  4. I'm sure universities will take into account that the results of this year are an anomaly to the normal. They will probably look at other aspects of your application with greater emphasis though, to compensate e.g. AS grades, predicted grades, A Level grades, work experience, PS, UCAT, interview etc. So my advice would be to work hard from the beginning of year 12 so that you can achieve a solid record of high grades across the year.
Thank you x Is it possible to get into KCL with less than stellar GCSE's if i had gotten solid A-levels? I am expecting mostly 6/7s with a few 8s
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you x Is it possible to get into KCL with less than stellar GCSE's if i had gotten solid A-levels? I am expecting mostly 6/7s with a few 8s
I think it's definitely possible, especially if you can strengthen other areas of your application
Anonymous #1
I think it's definitely possible, especially if you can strengthen other areas of your application
Thank you very much, I was thinking i couldn't get in but this helped a lot! xx
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you very much, I was thinking i couldn't get in but this helped a lot! xx
No problem
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
No problem
Hi i got my results and they were 8,7 and the rest 6s. Do you think I should retake my gcses in november to be able to get into KCL or could I leave them and just strengthen my application?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi i got my results and they were 8,7 and the rest 6s. Do you think I should retake my gcses in november to be able to get into KCL or could I leave them and just strengthen my application?
As far as I can see on the KCL website, they only specify that you need English and Maths at GCSE level - they don't even specify grades.
I'm not sure about resitting because I don't know how favourably the admissions team would consider resits (however technically your "resit" would be a first sit - maybe email them and ask for better clarification).
balletgirl21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got in for a course that needed A*AA - with A*8 7 6 6 6 6 5 at GCSE (87 in English, but 5 in Maths lol). I was predicted AA A*, got A*AB on Results Day and was still accepted with a dropped grade although CAGS are A*AA so all good. For me King's was a long shot but I still applied and it was definitely worth it, good luck - I start in September!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by balletgirl21)
I got in for a course that needed A*AA - with A*8 7 6 6 6 6 5 at GCSE (87 in English, but 5 in Maths lol). I was predicted AA A*, got A*AB on Results Day and was still accepted with a dropped grade although CAGS are A*AA so all good. For me King's was a long shot but I still applied and it was definitely worth it, good luck - I start in September!
Thats basically me at GCSE! And the course I want to do also requires A*AA. Which course are you doing if you don't mind me asking?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads