Are these the best university choices for me?

Watch
GogetaORvegito?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study computer science, my choices are:

1) University of Cambridge
2) Imperial College London
3) Queen Mary University of London
4) The University of Edinburgh
5) King's College London, University of London

My subjects are:
Computer Science
Maths
Physics

I also don’t care about the distance.
Last edited by GogetaORvegito?; 1 month ago
robertgallacher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You've just listed universities, nothing about you. They're good universities, sure; but whether on not they're good for you - how can we even begin to advise you when we have nothing about you
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
?
(Original post by robertgallacher)
You've just listed universities, nothing about you. They're good universities, sure; but whether on not they're good for you - how can we even begin to advise you when we have nothing about you
I thought predicted grades weren't important because it can all change with your final year 13 exams. I don't even have my predicted grades. I just want to know if these are the best possible options...unless i'm missing something else that you need to know about me apart from predidcted grades.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GogetaORvegito?)
I thought predicted grades weren't important because it can all change with your final year 13 exams. I don't even have my predicted grades. I just want to know if these are the best possible options...unless i'm missing something else that you need to know about me apart from predidcted grades.
Predicted grades are important. That is the basis universities decide whether to make offers on. Also what subjects are you taking as that can affect this was well. Also be aware some of these universities are very heavily over subscribed so are very risky. What university to apply goes much further than just picking 5. What do you want out of university. Where will you be happiest. I take it from this you want to be in London. Would UCL be a better choice than Edinburgh.
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Predicted grades are important. That is the basis universities decide whether to make offers on. Also what subjects are you taking as that can affect this was well. Also be aware some of these universities are very heavily over subscribed so are very risky. What university to apply goes much further than just picking 5. What do you want out of university. Where will you be happiest. I take it from this you want to be in London. Would UCL be a better choice than Edinburgh.
Ok I changed my op and added these things. Thanks. However if I do exceed predicted grades can’t I still go for a different university?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will struggle to get into places like Oxford and Imperial without Further Maths and to get into these kind of universities you will need A*A*A*. Imperial has a 1 in 18 acceptance rate for Computer Science. There is not a definite university list for anybody. Based on your post possibly the best universities would be somewhere like Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Durham and Warwick or St Andrews although not having Further Maths might be a problem for some.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (13)
28.26%
Less motivated (33)
71.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise