?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've worked out part ii but I feel like I've not done it correctly
milliejayne19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Here is my working and the question itself..
Attached files
Sam_R9
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by milliejayne19)
Did you check your answer with the final one?
Last edited by Sam_R9; 1 month ago
milliejayne19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam_R9)
Did you check your answer with the final one?
I haven't got access to the mark scheme till my teachers mark it so no..
Sam_R9
Report 1 month ago
Where's the question from?
Past paper or textbook?

If it's from the past paper, try searching the mark scheme on the internet.
If it's from the past paper, you could get the answer book online or even find it in the activebook.

Don't skip any steps in your working.
Did you try searching this question in google? There could be some worked solutions available.
milliejayne19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam_R9)
Where's the question from?
Past paper or textbook?

If it's from the past paper, try searching the mark scheme on the internet.
If it's from the past paper, you could get the answer book online or even find it in the activebook.

Don't skip any steps in your working.
Did you try searching this question in google? There could be some worked solutions available.
I've tried searching it in google but found nothing...I'm also not sure where the question is from as it's just a sheet of exam questions handpicked by my teachers that we have been asked to complete in order to consolidate the topics we have covered most recently. I'm just looking for someone on TSR who can check my working and see if I've messed up anywhere because I really lack confidence in myself.
Sam_R9
Report 1 month ago
I've tried searching it in google but found nothing...I'm also not sure where the question is from as it's just a sheet of exam questions handpicked by my teachers that we have been asked to complete in order to consolidate the topics we have covered most recently. I'm just looking for someone on TSR who can check my working and see if I've messed up anywhere because I really lack confidence in myself.
Oh ok
Don't worry it happens.
Take some time off and check your working when your mind is at peace. You won't be able to spot the mistake if you are stressed out.
Imo, I've checked your working and I don't think there was a mistake.
Maybe someone else could check it as well.
Sir Cumference, RDKGames
Last edited by Sam_R9; 1 month ago
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this the same volume of revolution question you posted about a month ago? I think I had a go at it at the time but lost the will to live part way through working it out and you never came back to the original thread!

I'll have another look if no-one else volunteers
Plücker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with your answer. \frac{128 \sqrt{3}\pi}{9}

Working and quick check attached.
Attached files
Last edited by Plücker; 1 month ago
davros
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Plücker)

I also got \dfrac{128 \sqrt{3}\pi}{9} as the answer - I've just found my working from a while back but it's a load of ugly scrawl in green biro so I wasn't going to upload if someone else was going to do the legwork again
davros
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Beautifully written up, by the way

I worked out all my surds manually on a bit of paper and it looked like a horrible mess! Questions like this should be banned
Plücker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by davros)
Beautifully written up, by the way

I worked out all my surds manually on a bit of paper and it looked like a horrible mess! Questions like this should be banned
Thank you. I'm quite quick with that stuff on Word, thanks to a lot of practice.

The lack of working for the surds shows my guilty(?) secret. I did them on the calculator and divided by \sqrt{3} to see how many \sqrt{3} s I had for each term.

The question is, would my answer score full marks?
Last edited by Plücker; 1 month ago
davros
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. I'm quite quick with that stuff on Word, thanks to a lot of practice.

The lack of working for the surds shows my guilty(?) secret. I did them on the calculator and divided by \sqrt{3} to see how \sqrt{3} s I had for each term.

The question is, would my answer score full marks?
I did wonder if you'd used a modern calculator

I'm old fashioned so it wouldn't have occurred to me, but after writing out lines of working out on paper I wasn't confident about the final answer so I waited to see if the OP would come back (to her original thread)! Fortunately I hadn't chucked the working and it matches your answer.

I'd be surprised if something this messy came up as an exam question - it really is horrible and it doesn't test understanding of the topic any more than something with a more straightforward answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (53)
25.48%
Less motivated (155)
74.52%

Watched Threads