The Student Room Group

UCAS track

It’s not 48hours after I revieved my results ( Scotland ) and my UCAS track still has not updated. I had a conditional and I did not meet the conditions but it has not been updated to say unsuccessful. I have an offer for clear bing and have to add it to my ucas but I am unable tot do that with an offer still there. Any ideas what I should do?
Original post by Clara3980
It’s not 48hours after I revieved my results ( Scotland ) and my UCAS track still has not updated. I had a conditional and I did not meet the conditions but it has not been updated to say unsuccessful. I have an offer for clear bing and have to add it to my ucas but I am unable tot do that with an offer still there. Any ideas what I should do?

call your firm and find out what's happening and tell them you want to go into clearing.

it could be that your firm uni is still deciding on your place (even thought you didn't meet your offer they still might let you in) I agree with the person above give them a ring!
Original post by claireestelle
call your firm and find out what's happening and tell them you want to go into clearing.

Could be your firm wants to wait until A level results to decide if they will accept you. How much did you miss your offer by?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle

I have three times and each time they tell me they are spring it but it still hasn’t been done and I am now scared I have lost/ will lose my clearing offer
Reply 5
Original post by tedinbed
Could be your firm wants to wait until A level results to decide if they will accept you. How much did you miss your offer by?

I was no where near my conditions my grades were lowered by sqa and are being appealed but right now I have nothing even close to what I needed
I have three times and each time they tell me they are spring it but it still hasn’t been done and I am now scared I have lost/ will lose my clearing offer

Talk to your clearing university and explain the situation. Given them the contact details of your firm university.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Talk to your clearing university and explain the situation. Given them the contact details of your firm university.

The clearing university is the same one that hasn’t declined my offer and I have tried explaining the situation to them that it’s their fault I cannot accept the clearing option but everyone seemed a bit clueless and I haven’t really had proper answers or confirmation of my place either through my conditional offer or clearing
The clearing university is the same one that hasn’t declined my offer and I have tried explaining the situation to them that it’s their fault I cannot accept the clearing option but everyone seemed a bit clueless and I haven’t really had proper answers or confirmation of my place either through my conditional offer or clearing

OK so if you want to switch courses at the same university then that isn't handled through clearing.

Your clearing offer wont expire - at some point your firm choice will either confirm your place or will make you a changed course offer through Track for the course you've enquired about through clearing.

I would suggest you forward on your clearing offer to admissions with a screenshot showing your current status on Track to explain that you can't accept the clearing offer right now but would like to be considered for the clearing offer course if you're unsuccessful with your firm course.

Which university is this?
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
OK so if you want to switch courses at the same university then that isn't handled through clearing.

Your clearing offer wont expire - at some point your firm choice will either confirm your place or will make you a changed course offer through Track for the course you've enquired about through clearing.

I would suggest you forward on your clearing offer to admissions with a screenshot showing your current status on Track to explain that you can't accept the clearing offer right now but would like to be considered for the clearing offer course if you're unsuccessful with your firm course.

Which university is this?

Glasgow Caledonian, the clearing course I applied to is the same course that I had a conditional for I presumed I hadn’t got in through my conditional so tried to get into it through clearing
Glasgow Caledonian, the clearing course I applied to is the same course that I had a conditional for I presumed I hadn’t got in through my conditional so tried to get into it through clearing

If they've made you a clearing offer for the same course that you have as firm then they just need to get on with accepting you. Unless you gave inaccurate information over the phone/email when applying through clearing they've made it clear that they will accept your grades for that course.

You don't use clearing to apply for a course you already have an application for. That isn't the purpose of it and has caused this confusion.

Like I say - forward on the clearing offer email and a screenshot of your UCAS Track to admissions.
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
If they've made you a clearing offer for the same course that you have as firm then they just need to get on with accepting you. Unless you gave inaccurate information over the phone/email when applying through clearing they've made it clear that they will accept your grades for that course.

You don't use clearing to apply for a course you already have an application for. That isn't the purpose of it and has caused this confusion.

Like I say - forward on the clearing offer email and a screenshot of your UCAS Track to admissions.

Ok will do thank you for your help, no incorrect information was given over the phone.

Quick Reply