Want more information about this university?
Choppygirl11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

Does anyone know what happens to your place on the vet med course if you don't meet the A Level grade criteria this year then subsequently take the Autumn exam and pass? Is your place held for a later start or do you have to go through the whole application cycle again with online tests, interviews etc.

My daughter is predicted AAA and her mocks and mini assessments reflect this but who knows what will happen with the apparent dropping of grades this year.
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the university some have said that due to UCAS they have to apply again but are guaranteed an offer for next year without having to interview.
Choppygirl11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Horsesarethebest)
Depends on the university some have said that due to UCAS they have to apply again but are guaranteed an offer for next year without having to interview.
Thank you. It seems such a shame to go through the difficult process and all the stress associated when there could well have been a mistake with the grading. I have heard that Scottish A levels are allowed to appeal and have a board look at their previous mocks etc but they doesn’t exist in the uk. Do you know what universities for vet med guarantee an offer ?
Schnuckiboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Horsesarethebest)
Depends on the university some have said that due to UCAS they have to apply again but are guaranteed an offer for next year without having to interview
I'm in the same situation as OP's daughter. I really thought that if we take the autumn exams they should defer your offer or perhaps guarantee an offer when applying again due to UCAS, especially because the results should be out on the 17th of December, before some interviews even take place (so it shouldn't effect spaces available for 2021 entry applicants).

Do you know which vet schools have said this? The ones I've emailed haven't seem to have given me a clear answer.
Schnuckiboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Choppygirl11)
Thank you. It seems such a shame to go through the difficult process and all the stress associated when there could well have been a mistake with the grading. I have heard that Scottish A levels are allowed to appeal and have a board look at their previous mocks etc but they doesn’t exist in the uk. Do you know what universities for vet med guarantee an offer ?
Agreed, especially since we never sat the exams, I'd be gutted having to go through the process again even if I achieved the grades in autumn. There's always that chance that you don't get an interview when applying, and some vet schools only let you apply 2x ever.
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know Edinburgh said that they will honor places for next year if you need to resit as I checked their website
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.65%
No (181)
78.35%

Watched Threads