I'm worried my provisional licence is lost in the mail

Watch
islasmila02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for a licence online on the 3rd of July 2020 , but my passport photo was out of date so I had to finish it off on a paper form (which came by post like five days later and which I sent back on the day it came). It has now been nearly a month since my application was fully in, but I've had no sign of it or anything related to it through email or the post. Am I right to be worried? The website says Covid-19 might make the process slower, but does that mean they're gonna wait til there's a vaccine before they open my postal application??
Last edited by islasmila02; 4 weeks ago
KaptainCliff
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try and get in touch with them and see if they can give you an update. There's every chance in has been lost in the post as you say.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They're not going to wait for a vaccine, no. My dad is a driving instructor and he says the wait is currently around 6 weeks due to the backlog. I wouldn't worry just yet.
pineapplepink
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should perhaps chase it up because I applied for one and got it 3 days later in the mail (and that was a couple of weeks ago)
ellagc03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent mine off 7 weeks ago and still have nothing, I managed to get through on the phone line but they couldn’t tell me anything, not even if they had received my application
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied and sent back the form a few days earlier than you did and I’ve still heard nothing, I assume it’s just a backlog due to not many people being in the office where they process the applications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.65%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
27.45%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.88%
No, I haven't received any communication (25)
49.02%

Watched Threads