What should I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've been talking to this girl I met online for around 2 weeks now and I'm simply not sure to read into how it's going so far:

Half of the time she's really dry with me and sends short answers, the other half she's super talkative, we joke and tease each other in a flirty way and just seem to get along really well.

She'll often not reply to me but then a few hours later she'll message me and we'll be really chatty and flirty and things seem to be going well again.

I've asked if she'd be interested in meeting up at all, and she said she would 'like it a lot', but when I offer suggestions they're often dismissed or breezed off as 'yeah, maybe', and I really don't know what to do.

She seems super nice and does work very long shifts, so I could understand that she may be tired, but I'm not sure what to think of it, it's almost like talking to two different people depending on when I'm chatting to her. Any advice on what she may be thinking and what I could do to keep her interested?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've been talking to this girl I met online for around 2 weeks now and I'm simply not sure to read into how it's going so far:

Half of the time she's really dry with me and sends short answers, the other half she's super talkative, we joke and tease each other in a flirty way and just seem to get along really well.

She'll often not reply to me but then a few hours later she'll message me and we'll be really chatty and flirty and things seem to be going well again.

I've asked if she'd be interested in meeting up at all, and she said she would 'like it a lot', but when I offer suggestions they're often dismissed or breezed off as 'yeah, maybe', and I really don't know what to do.

She seems super nice and does work very long shifts, so I could understand that she may be tired, but I'm not sure what to think of it, it's almost like talking to two different people depending on when I'm chatting to her. Any advice on what she may be thinking and what I could do to keep her interested?
why not be more direct and say are you free for coffee or something similar on x day?
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just be honest with her, maybe tell her some of what you’ve wrote on here. so she knows exactly how you feel and so she can understand. hope all goes well, have a nice day!!!
Gayvenclaw :D
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she's awkward / nervous about meeting up and is much more comfortable just texting you, but is scared to admit it in case you see it as a lack of interest in you.
And I agree with other answers, ask her what she thinks of the relationship you both currently have and make sure you're giving her a safe, chilled space to answer honestly without fear of your reaction, and that she does the same for you, and you can be honest with her without being scared of her reaction.
Ackhnologia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there
I am not experienced but what I think is that communication is the key.
So I think you should try to talk about how you feel.
Tell her that you really find the she acts at times quite tricky. Assure her that she can be upfront about what she really thinks without fearing your reaction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (53)
25.48%
Less motivated (155)
74.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise