The Student Room Group

Parents moving away mid way through term- what should I do about student finance?

For the first year of uni I lived with parents and commuted in, so on my finance application I put living with parents. Now they have put their house on the market, and if all things go the way they would like will be moving to the other side of the country November.

This means that for the first couple of months of uni I will be living with parents but from then on, I will be living in my own place (which I will be renting).

How do I put this on my student finance application? I just want to get the right amount of money because rent is so expensive
Original post by violetford
For the first year of uni I lived with parents and commuted in, so on my finance application I put living with parents. Now they have put their house on the market, and if all things go the way they would like will be moving to the other side of the country November.

This means that for the first couple of months of uni I will be living with parents but from then on, I will be living in my own place (which I will be renting).

How do I put this on my student finance application? I just want to get the right amount of money because rent is so expensive

I believe you would then need to put a change of circumstances form in when it happens but finding somewhere to start a contract in November might be awkward so i'd be considering moving near the start of term anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest