Gahan bg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer at university of Nottingham which will be starting this September, needed clarity to decide whether it's a good option to start this year given the situation of the pandemic or defer it to the next academic year. ( PS - I already have a gap year)
SnowyOwl102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is entirely up to you. currently no-one has much of an idea how this year will go, whether we'll be locked-down again in november or what. If i were you i'd base your decisions on whether your cours is mostly remote or not. It all depends how seriously you wish to take social distancing and personal safety measures. Many Uni's will likely have 'virtual' lectures and things like that. Student social events will be sparse, if not cancelled entirely, so the whole 'freshers week' experience will not be the same.

But, the threat of the dreaded virus may deplete over time so 'normalcy' might return quicker than many think. Who knows. Overall it is your decision, but be sure to look at all factors

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (12)
31.58%
Less motivated (26)
68.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise