Is UCL a good university for engineering?

Watch
THEINDIANBATMAN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking to start Uni in 2021 and I want to do Mechanical engineering, I know that UCL is one of the best universities in the world however I don't really know if its good for engineering?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely, best in England after Imperial and Cambridge.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by THEINDIANBATMAN)
I'm looking to start Uni in 2021 and I want to do Mechanical engineering, I know that UCL is one of the best universities in the world however I don't really know if its good for engineering?
No, look at non-RG that offer a year in industry if you want to work as an Engineer after uni.
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi THEINDIANBATMAN

I was just wondering if you have come across Lincoln as a potential University to study mechanical engineering? We have a fantastic course which is run in partnership with Siemens, a huge engineering employer within the UK. The course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). The Isaac Newton building is home to our engineering department in Lincoln and was only built in 2017, providing some really modern facilities. If you want to find our more, please check out the course here.

Best of luck deciding where to study!
Jack
THEINDIANBATMAN
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
No, look at non-RG that offer a year in industry if you want to work as an Engineer after uni.
any good reccomendations?
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is perfectly possible to arrange a placement year with UCL. None of the placements at a university are guaranteed, even if they are advertised with the degree as such.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StarLinyx)
It is perfectly possible to arrange a placement year with UCL. None of the placements at a university are guaranteed, even if they are advertised with the degree as such.
Do they guarantee the option choices will be kept open for you? A student had to have two years out because of this issue - a module they began in Year 2 was withdrawn for a year ...
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My best students now look at places like Bath, Loughborough and Oxford Brookes - all have good placement support.
THEINDIANBATMAN
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
My best students now look at places like Bath, Loughborough and Oxford Brookes - all have good placement support.
Okay, Thank you!. Bath and Loughborough definitely came up a lot in my searches
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads