Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is at GCSE 9999988888A good enough for Oxbridge? I think 9s and 8s are both A*s and the A was self taught RS taken in year 10 (my teacher sucked XD)
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes.

/thread
Anonymous #1
@Oxford Mum
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Why would you post this? That should be common sense. They are literally all As...
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Nope you have absolutely no chance in getting in
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
OP is just bragging their perfect grades
Anonymous #1
Not bragging. They aren’t perfect, people at my school, a public school btw, got better. I’m genuinely asking.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop bragging lad
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
gcses are more important for oxford but they’re fine for both, a-levels and the admissions tests/interviews are MUCH more important
Anonymous #1
I’m not arrogant. I don’t see how asking for advice can turn into so much hate. It’s only making me not want to consider Oxbridge if this is how I’ll be treated for it. For a student forum, you’re all very judgy.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not arrogant. I don’t see how asking for advice can turn into so much hate. It’s only making me not want to consider Oxbridge if this is how I’ll be treated for it. For a student forum, you’re all very judgy.
Because you know the grades are good enough laaa.
What did you think you needed ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RaA64)
Because you know the grades are good enough laaa.
What did you think you needed ?
If I needed more 9s and if the A would drag me down
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I needed more 9s and if the A would drag me down
Hmm ok, your grades are fine, but A Level predictions and the entrance exams are more important. What course you thinking of?

@Oxford Mum can give you advice
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm more interested in knowing why so many of you are on Anon...
remussjhj01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are SO many threads like this. The people who make them often, if not always, have very clearly met the entry requirements (as you obviously have), so it does come across as bragging, as obviously Oxbridge aren't going to have an issue with a state school student who has almost all A* grades. All this info can also be found on the websites of the unis you're interested in. Why would having all 9-8 grades and ONE A hinder you at GCSE?
If you're really serious about getting into Oxford or Cambridge you need to a). pick which one, as you can't apply to both and b). LOOK ON THERE FOR GRADE REQUIREMENTS. Or if you're unsure, email them and ask. In any case, the main thing they'll look at is your a-levels, interview and any entrance exams you have to take.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I really suggest taking this post down, there is a reason why no one has posted this - common sense. You are not getting hate, it is just very random. You should know Oxbridge want As and the majority of applicants will have them, even a few will have the odd B or two. It’s not the end of the world.

Check out Ibz mo on YouTube, he got Bs and Cs and got into Cambridge.
Anonymous #1
I really suggest taking this post down, there is a reason why no one has posted this - common sense. You are not getting hate, it is just very random. You should know Oxbridge want As and the majority of applicants will have them, even a few will have the odd B or two. It’s not the end of the world.

Check out Ibz mo on YouTube, he got Bs and Cs and got into Cambridge.
I don’t want to take this down. I was made to feel bad at my sixth form because people got higher GCSEs and everyone just focused on them, basically saying I wasn’t good enough because I didn’t get as many 9s as them. I have a lot of stuff going on on the side, and it’s just so frustrating. I’m the only person in my year with an ASD diagnosis, and with some of the complications of it, I wasn’t even supposed to get any 7s, and I hate being made to feel bad because I didn’t get straight 9s like one girl did.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don’t want to take this down. I was made to feel bad at my sixth form because people got higher GCSEs and everyone just focused on them, basically saying I wasn’t good enough because I didn’t get as many 9s as them. I have a lot of stuff going on on the side, and it’s just so frustrating. I’m the only person in my year with an ASD diagnosis, and with some of the complications of it, I wasn’t even supposed to get any 7s, and I hate being made to feel bad because I didn’t get straight 9s like one girl did.
In reality, not many people will get 9s, 8s, 7s and even 6s. You are one of the lucky few that are gifted and will get far in life as long as you focus on your a levels and put your time and energy where it will actually be beneficial.

No hate, just saving you from genuine hate and other nasty comments coming your way.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is at GCSE 9999988888A good enough for Oxbridge? I think 9s and 8s are both A*s and the A was self taught RS taken in year 10 (my teacher sucked XD)
Do you have a particular subject in mind? Though I'd imagine those GCSEs are fine even for the ones that are more cut-throat and take GCSEs into heavy consideration, e.g. medicine :yes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Do you have a particular subject in mind? Though I'd imagine those GCSEs are fine even for the ones that are more cut-throat and take GCSEs into heavy consideration, e.g. medicine :yes:
Biomedical science or something similar. I want to get into cancer research. And I know I wouldn’t be able to handle being a doctor, I’d probably go into overload on the first day XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (11)
18.33%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (15)
25%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (4)
6.67%
No, I haven't received any communication (30)
50%

Watched Threads