Samsung Galaxy Buds App for iPhone 6S

Watch
username4365984
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey I recently got the Galaxy Buds + with the intention of it coming with its own proprietary app. I was stumped to know then that the app isn't compatible with my iPhone 6S. Does anyone know how to get the app on my device or any alternatives with the same features as the original app?
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dynkrat)
Hey I recently got the Galaxy Buds + with the intention of it coming with its own proprietary app. I was stumped to know then that the app isn't compatible with my iPhone 6S. Does anyone know how to get the app on my device or any alternatives with the same features as the original app?
The Galaxy Buds app is apparently compatible all the way back to iOS 10, there's no reason it shouldn't work on your 6S. What is it saying to make you think it's incompatible?
username4365984
Rep:
?
Well, my iPhone is currently at iOS 14.2. But i believe in the description of the app in the App Store, it says that the app is only compatible with iPhone 7 and above.
username612415
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, my iPhone is currently at iOS 14.2. But i believe in the description of the app in the App Store, it says that the app is only compatible with iPhone 7 and above.
Well that's sh*t of Samsung.

Not sure in that case I'm afraid! I would have suggested maybe seeing if jailbreaking held an answer like spoofing a newer iPhone model for app installs, but with how new iOS 14 is I doubt the jailbreaks currently available are particularly stable.

Maybe look into potentially sideloading the app through something like AltStore?
username4365984
Rep:
?
I've downloaded AltStore now. So how could I load the app on to it?

The thing is, I have downloaded the Samsung Galaxy Buds App on my phone, but it's just not running.
username612415
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've downloaded AltStore now. So how could I load the app on to it?

The thing is, I have downloaded the Samsung Galaxy Buds App on my phone, but it's just not running.
I'm not sure on the specifics to be honest, I'm and Android guy myself. I just know that it's a popular method for sideloading content on Apple devices. If you use Reddit, the communities over at r/apple or r/jailbreak may be able to help you further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.88%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.91%
I need help with my personal statement (70)
42.94%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.93%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.84%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.98%

Watched Threads