1979tessa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
With very late notice I have to take my maths and science gcse equivalent before September with astar equivalency. I am able to the the foundation paper for maths and I think I will do combined science. Any tips tricks or hints will be so gratefully received. I have got a lot of work to get through xx thank you
xxgreenxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1979tessa)
With very late notice I have to take my maths and science gcse equivalent before September with astar equivalency. I am able to the the foundation paper for maths and I think I will do combined science. Any tips tricks or hints will be so gratefully received. I have got a lot of work to get through xx thank you
Hey Tessa! I am going to sit my science equiv with Astar in a couple weeks too! Good thing is its multiple choice and you only have to get 55% to get a C which is 78 out of 144 marks. Combined is best according to astar as its basics of everything rather than in depth and technical for just biology. Ive been using the CGP revision books which have been helpful, bitesize and YouTube (the science guy and Cognito). I've then been writing flash cards and writing info in the form of questions with the answers on the back which seems to be working for me. I would say you have two options.. Try to cover everything briefly and learn key parts.... or focus more specifically on two subjects you feel more comfortable eg biology and chemisty as if you pass both of them thats 96 points already because its broken down 24 marks per module /two modules per subject eg biology. I hope that helps? Best of luck! Kelly
1979tessa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by xxgreenxx)
Hey Tessa! I am going to sit my science equiv with Astar in a couple weeks too! Good thing is its multiple choice and you only have to get 55% to get a C which is 78 out of 144 marks. Combined is best according to astar as its basics of everything rather than in depth and technical for just biology. Ive been using the CGP revision books which have been helpful, bitesize and YouTube (the science guy and Cognito). I've then been writing flash cards and writing info in the form of questions with the answers on the back which seems to be working for me. I would say you have two options.. Try to cover everything briefly and learn key parts.... or focus more specifically on two subjects you feel more comfortable eg biology and chemisty as if you pass both of them thats 96 points already because its broken down 24 marks per module /two modules per subject eg biology. I hope that helps? Best of luck! Kelly
Sorry to keep asking questions. Is it the higher level cgb revision combined science book 😳😳
xxgreenxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to keep asking questions. Is it the higher level cgb revision combined science book 😳😳
Hey, Yeah thats the one that I have! Check with Astar if you're not sue and they can advise you if its the right one!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi 1979tessa,
to help you revise your sciences, I would recommend the videos by Primrose Kitten on Youtube among others- the videos are designed for the traditional GCSE but her explanations are very clear.
I hope this helps.
Laure
xxgreenxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Hows the revision going?
thestudents21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey! i have to do my science too
..i am just waiting for my revision book to come and then im going to start revising properly, im hoping to do the exam in mid/late September
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.83%
No (179)
78.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed