I am a current undergraduate student at the The Dyson School of Design Engineering. I know how daunting it can be choosing a course and university to attend, waiting for results, and attending interviews, so I wish to offer my experience to incoming or prospective students who are thinking of studying this course here at Imperial.
Here is my educational background:
1. I have just finished my first year of the MEng Design Engineering course. I passed and am proceeding to second year this autumn.
2. I did my A Levels in a sixth form college in Oxford, Oxford International College, that tailors its teaching to give their students the best chance of getting into top universities in the UK. I was given rigorous interview training, admissions test practice and weekly formal examinations.
3. I applied to Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford and received an interview but was ultimately rejected.
4. I am an international student from Malaysia.
5. Imperial College London has always been my first choice university as their Design Engineering course was unique and offered the perfect blend of creativity and a rigorous engineering education.
6. I took Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics for A Levels. I dropped Further Maths a month before the exam due to nerves. My final result was A*A*A (A in Economics).
Ask me anything (AMA) about the application process, UCAS, life in London, details about the course, Tier 4 Student Visa, Oxbridge admissions tests, interview questions, accommodation and anything you can think of relating to being a student at Imperial.