what should i take for my 3rd a level?

Watch
oknice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
taking chem and bio, but my 3rd im stuck, thinking sociology or psychology? cant decide, dont say maths, ew, im not bothered about being allied to medicine... wanna take subjects I enjoyy
if youve taken sociology or psychology alevel can you let me know what to expect, topics, work done, like is it mostly essays or? thanks <3
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i do sociology it’s basically mostly essays depending on exam board. there is quite a lot remember for sociology (sociologist, statistics, examples) but the content isn’t hard in my opinion. it’s relatively easy and quick to understand. im on aqa the topics i do are education, theory methods, families, beliefs in society and crime. if you have any questions about sociology feel free to pm me!
Bekki S
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by oknice)
taking chem and bio, but my 3rd im stuck, thinking sociology or psychology? cant decide, dont say maths, ew, im not bothered about being allied to medicine... wanna take subjects I enjoyy
if youve taken sociology or psychology alevel can you let me know what to expect, topics, work done, like is it mostly essays or? thanks <3
I have just finished my first year of aqa sociology. Honestly most of the stuff you learn is common sense, the most difficult thing would be remembering the sociologists and their theories (that's just my opinion though). The two main topics we learnt were education and families and households. Education talked about underachievement by specific groups and different views on education. Families and households went into more detail about the roles of the family and also the different views on these roles. It's an essay based subject so expect a lot of writing. As far as revision is concerned it's relatively easy to revise for but there are a lot of sociologists to remember. The main thing I struggled with was remembering who goes with what theory. A lot of people tend to do well in sociology but that doesn't mean it's an 'easy' subject, there's a lot of work that goes in to it. But if you're willing to put in the effort to revise for it you'll more than likely get a good grade at the end of the year.
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by oknice)
same idk which one to take aswell 😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads