The Student Room Group

Are you insulted to be called cute from the opposite sex?

What is your opinion on 'cute'? Childish or not?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the person and the context.
nah not necessarily i just take it as a compliment
I dont care tbh
Yes. Like your not pretty or gorgeous but I want to say something nice.
Oh my god how many times is this exact thread going to happen
...people will be insulted by pretty much everything, won't they? :rolleyes: it's a simple compliment, why take offence?
Reply 7
i would take it as a compliment
Reply 8
no
I’d be flattered as long as it wasn’t in a condescending or creepy way lol
(edited 3 years ago)
The worst thing anyone could ever call me. Downright insulting and uncalled for.
it doesn't sound like an insult? unless they're patronizingly patting you on the head :redface:
No I'd definitely take that as a compliment. Way better than being ugly regardless.
Original post by CoryDeAth
...people will be insulted by pretty much everything, won't they? :rolleyes: it's a simple compliment, why take offence?

2020, the year of being a professional victim.
I get called cute all the time. Never have I considered it an insult.
Original post by Anonymous
What is your opinion on 'cute'? Childish or not?

How many threads are you going to make about this? It is not insulting at all, imo.
(edited 3 years ago)
I'd say the majority of the time it's not meant as in insult, but it's an annoying term when you're already aware of the fact that you look considerably younger than you actually are and frequently experience people speaking down to you or being patronising
No, I've been called cute a lot because I'm very awkward which is apparently endearing
I do think it is a bit infantilising for someone in their 20s but I dont really care enough to be offended since I look really young
no, when people call me cute i take it as a compliment
why would it be insulting?
no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending