monsoons
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just finished year 13 but would like to resit my A Level exams next summer after a gap year. However, I only want to resit my Maths exams. Does anyone know if it's possible to only retake one subject and not the other two next year?

Also, is there a possibility that I won't be allowed to resit? Not too sure how resits work but I've heard stories of some schools not allowing it. Will I be able to fund it myself if that's the case? And if so can I just do Maths? Or will they make me resit all three subjects?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by monsoons)
Just finished year 13 but would like to resit my A Level exams next summer after a gap year. However, I only want to resit my Maths exams. Does anyone know if it's possible to only retake one subject and not the other two next year?

Also, is there a possibility that I won't be allowed to resit? Not too sure how resits work but I've heard stories of some schools not allowing it. Will I be able to fund it myself if that's the case? And if so can I just do Maths? Or will they make me resit all three subjects?
you should be able to resit one subject, you will likely have to pay for it.
Alayna1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Depends on the uni

I took a year to resit too.

Some universities require to resit all three subjects because it wouldn’t be fair to other students if you only sat one subject did really well.

I guess to make the “pressure” of three subjects fair.

Double check it with the unis you want to apply to
monsoons
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Alayna1234)
Depends on the uni

I took a year to resit too.

Some universities require to resit all three subjects because it wouldn’t be fair to other students if you only sat one subject did really well.

I guess to make the “pressure” of three subjects fair.

Double check it with the unis you want to apply to
Thanks for your reply! Which college did you resit with? I live in London and am not sure which colleges I can resit with.
Alayna1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply! Which college did you resit with? I live in London and am not sure which colleges I can resit with.
So I did independent study, didn’t go to school but registered to sit the exams at my old school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.65%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
27.45%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.88%
No, I haven't received any communication (25)
49.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed