Best Way to Prepare for the IRP for A level Spanish???

Watch
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. How did you guys prepare for the IRP part of A level Spanish? I’ve got my presentation written down but I’m struggling on what else I can do to prepare for the exam and also how to memorize my presentation. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance x
liv21098
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm not sure what exam board you are with and whether the layout of the exam differs, but in mine the examiner will ask us questions after we do our 2 minute presentation. If this is the case, I'd think of potential questions they could ask you based on your topic and write answers to them and learn it. Even if they don't ask you the exact same question you will still have an idea what to say and have the vocabulary on hand.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The main thing is to learn relevant vocab and practice speaking in general. I found that, once I was happy speaking French in general, I didn't need to do much IRP specific work other than to learn my presentation, because the rest of it is just applying what you know to questions. However, if you do AQA you get to choose 10 subtopics or key words that you might want to talk about, so you can have a thing about what those might be, and then do extra specific research or vocab preparation for some of those. For example, by IRP was on translation theory and one of my bullet points was the discussion of identity in translation.
MyLanguageLab
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Hey guys! Hope you’re all good. How did you guys prepare for the IRP part of A level Spanish? I’ve got my presentation written down but I’m struggling on what else I can do to prepare for the exam and also how to memorize my presentation. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance x
Hola,

The best way to revise your 2 minute presentation is to record it as an audio note in your phone and listen to it repeatedly! Works for my students x
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey guys! Thanks so much for all your help. I’ll try these and hopefully they help. Thanks again x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads