Losing your virginity

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why do people feel like it's not important to lose your virginity after marriage anymore?
blackugo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because that is an outdated concept. That was a thing when people got married at the age of 13. It also predates modern contraception. It's really just a tradition that some people choose to uphold for their own reasons. Having sex before marriage will not ruin anyone's lives as long as you do it safely.
Last edited by blackugo; 1 month ago
Archetypally
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why should it be?
username5348732
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Far less people are getting married, and the ones that do are getting married at much later ages
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because not everyone believes in marriage and there isn't anything wrong in losing your virginity before marriage.
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Culture, increasing secularism, the rise of advertising using sex imagery. Just a few reasons.
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its only due to religion and culture where sex before marriage was seen to be a massive sin, honestly i dont see the point losing your virginity before marriage is normal and okay if you do it safely

stay safe kids 😇
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Because society is becoming more secular
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The world has moved on. If you don't want to have sex until you get married, that's your own business. If you want to have sex before, again it's your own business. Also, it gets rid of the double standards because let's face it, in the good old days having pre-marital sex was a lot worse for females than males.
blackugo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UnwantedKid)
The world has moved on. If you don't want to have sex until you get married, that's your own business. If you want to have sex before, again it's your own business. Also, it gets rid of the double standards because let's face it, in the good old days having pre-marital sex was a lot worse for females than males.
It was probably a tradition that started with good intentions that went a bit too far.
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blackugo)
It was probably a tradition that started with good intentions that went a bit too far.
More an expectation than a tradition I'd say.
AshWasTaken
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KelsieTaylor)
Because not everyone believes in marriage and there isn't anything wrong in losing your virginity before marriage.
I don't believe in marriage. Marriage is a myth invented by the liberal elite to try and convince you 'humans' exist. Wake up, sheeple
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Because these days people rightfully realise that there is no point in it. It's a stupid idea with stupid religious attachments and luckily more people are actually thinking rationally and becoming atheists. Bang when you want! I am 15 for context
blackugo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AshWasTaken)
I don't believe in marriage. Marriage is a myth invented by the liberal elite to try and convince you 'humans' exist. Wake up, sheeple
Yeah I agree that it is an invention. For most people that would disagree it is because of religious beliefs. But there are strong arguments that religion is an invention and we've religion historically be created. The OP is probably religious so these king of answers were probably not what they were looking for.

However I have to strongly disagree on the "Liberal Elite" thing. I think that's nonsense. Marriage far predates modern politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads