If I take the autumn exams will I be able to go to uni this year?

Watch
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ll probably wont get the A-level results I want on august 13th, so I was thinking of doing the autumn exams to get the grades I want. If I do the exams and get good grades, will I be able to attend uni this year? Or do I have to wait until 2021 to apply again?
I’m confused about this as the students who will be given unfair grades will have to wait until next year to apply??
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shibu the Doge)
I’ll probably wont get the A-level results I want on august 13th, so I was thinking of doing the autumn exams to get the grades I want. If I do the exams and get good grades, will I be able to attend uni this year? Or do I have to wait until 2021 to apply again?
I’m confused about this as the students who will be given unfair grades will have to wait until next year to apply??
yes you'll have to wait until 2021 I'm afraid, the autumn exams results won't be till December.
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Or will the students who take to exams will be able to attend uni later this year? Perhaps on December or even January?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or will the students who take to exams will be able to attend uni later this year? Perhaps on December or even January?
barely any universities have January start dates so I'm afraid I wouldn't count on that.
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
barely any universities have January start dates so I'm afraid I wouldn't count on that.
Oh okay
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay
there's no harm in looking into what's in clearing on the day if things do go badly
blackugo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's unfortunate but it is better than everyone having to apply next year. The number of people not getting what there teachers predict will be quite low. I estimate between 67% and 76% will be the same or better. Looking at what we have seen from SQA results 76% were not lower than teachers submissions and 23% were one grade lower. Universities will be lenient as well with those missing by 1grade . It might not be as bad as you think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.83%
No (179)
78.17%

Watched Threads