Anyone going without a mask in shops has balls of steel

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think it's brave going in a shop without a mask who else thinks So?
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's just stupid.
Retronomical
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  1D4B1685-8F1A-4967-8ACE-7578489CF9F2.jpeg
Views: 27
Size:  14.8 KB
DrewKavinsky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what if someone forgot to wear a face mask?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think they’re brave, I think they’re stupid and selfish. Do I resent having to wear a mask now when we didn’t have to before? Yes. Do I resent the fact that I have to wear a mask when I volunteer at my local charity shop now, for 3 hours straight? Yes. But I still wear one. Because I know that in the end, it doesn’t protect me, it protects others. And it’s just common decency. Unless you’ve got a good reason to not wear one (like a health issue or likewise) then wear one. End off. No ‘it’s brave to not wear one’ or giving ego boosts to idiots who don’t.
futurelawtrainee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I only wear it because I have to and I'd rather not stand out and get indirected by angry Brits on twitter. It's a shame that it doesn't help and is arguably damaging to health but still was mandated.
Bill V2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really. If you are able to wear one, you should. They aren't there to protect you from the virus. They're there to protect others.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
The risk of catching it and giving it to someone else is very low since you aren’t talking to people in the supermarket.

I wear one because we have to and so to avoid the hassle of possible confrontations if you don’t wear one
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Maybe they can’t afford them

IMO I think shops should have some disposable ones
bryan2800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it's brave going in a shop without a mask who else thinks So?
I'd be like "the audacity of this b"
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, they have a brain made of wood
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not to brag, but I've been doing it for the past 16 years :cool:
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it’s stupid.

even if you don’t believe masks are effective, just wear one for the 5 mins you are in a shop. please don’t harass retail staff and all those people who have to work in places where masks are required.

wear them or shop online.
loginrunner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ngl, giving people who don't wear masks in shops and look like they aren't exempt dirty looks is super fun
Mcfee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went into store a few times without a mask, usually late when nobody was about. Hardly anyone wore masks, so not much good me wearing one while shopping I would be one of a few in the entire store.

Now everyone wears one because its forced, but people seem to be ignoring social distancing because of it.. masks especially the crap people wear can't filter ****.

False sense of security.
GreenCub
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The thing is that it's a legal requirement to wear a mask when you go in a shop. Sure, the police aren't going to be called for every single person who doesn't wear one but by not wearing one you're just unnecessarily putting yourself and everyone else at an increased risk for no reason. I always like to say that being "brave" is very different to being "stupid".
alex282
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't wear one because it just increases the chance of me contracting the virus. You have to constantly adjust it and touch your face after touching the basket and trolley handles (where the virus is more likely to spread from). It's also bad for you to prevent the toxins leaving your body and moist air is how people get asthma. The CO2 isn't good for your brain either
Bumble18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alex282)
I don't wear one because it just increases the chance of me contracting the virus. You have to constantly adjust it and touch your face after touching the basket and trolley handles (where the virus is more likely to spread from). It's also bad for you to prevent the toxins leaving your body and moist air is how people get asthma. The CO2 isn't good for your brain either
Get a better fitting one. I don’t touch my mask once it’s on, and I’ve had no problems with it moving around or fogging my glasses.
Clean the basket handle/trolly handle at the beginning of your shop and sanitise your hands regularly throughout your shop.
Get a breathable one. I personally recommend one made with tana lawn cotton. Surgeons wear masks for several hours and are fine.

Problem solved
Last edited by Bumble18; 2 weeks ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And a brain made of stone.
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alex282)
1. You can adjust masks without touching your face

2. Wipe the trolley/basket down before touching it, This isn't actually an issue because you don't need to touch your face to adjust your mask - but even if it was an issue, the solution is incredibly simple.

3. What toxins? The only 'toxin' you breather out is carbon dioxide, and I can guarantee your mask isn't keeping you from breathing out CO2. In fact, masks unquestionably reduce the toxins in your body - that's why they're frequently used in areas with serious air pollution.

4. I can't find a source for the claim that moist air causes asthma, although it does seem to trigger asthma attacks. I'm not sure why air would be moister if you're wearing a mask, though.
Last edited by Theloniouss; 2 weeks ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (28)
29.79%
Less motivated (66)
70.21%

Watched Threads