What's something you really want to do but can't because of mental illness?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I wanna go travelling but my social anxiety stops me.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I want to be able to eat out in a restaurant with my friends, but can't - cheers eating disorders!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to be able to eat out in a restaurant with my friends, but can't - cheers eating disorders!
awh im sorry
I hope you recover soon
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I understand how dismissive what I'm about to say sounds but as someone who got through clinical depression, SAD and mild anxiety, I promise you that you are a lot bigger than your disorders/ MH issues. You can travel, if social anxiety makes it difficult for you, make it easier for yourself. Research the place you want to go to, what to expect, come prepared, that kind of stuff. Find out what keeps you relaxed, maybe go with someone or have them reachable on your phone. You can honestly do anything, you just have to believe it and you will see things turn around.
DoNotMove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I want to go to more concerts, but ptsd pts anxiety prevent that sadly.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
awh im sorry
I hope you recover soon
It's ok - I've tried recovery a few times and have accepted this is probably what I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life Have you tried any therapy for your social anxiety?
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just wanna go out and be normalish but i cant because of my split personality disorder 😪
Anonymous #1
I understand how dismissive what I'm about to say sounds but as someone who got through clinical depression, SAD and mild anxiety, I promise you that you are a lot bigger than your disorders/ MH issues. You can travel, if social anxiety makes it difficult for you, make it easier for yourself. Research the place you want to go to, what to expect, come prepared, that kind of stuff. Find out what keeps you relaxed, maybe go with someone or have them reachable on your phone. You can honestly do anything, you just have to believe it and you will see things turn around.
yeah 100% you are right its just so uncomfortable and wish it was easier
but thanks I appreciate that
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Everything to be honest. I feel like a prisoner because of the social anxiety
Anonymous #1
It's ok - I've tried recovery a few times and have accepted this is probably what I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life Have you tried any therapy for your social anxiety?
ah don't think like that. I'll pray that one day you'll be free from this disorder.
and yep didn't work coz people don't understand unless they have SA themselves.
Anonymous #1
Everything to be honest. I feel like a prisoner because of the social anxiety
ikr and staying indoors for ages, makes me forget how to act in the real world lol
hate going out in public and seeing the public there
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
wanting to complete a project that requires more than a day to complete because i then lose all motivation to do it and then become even more depressed that i cant complete it xd
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
ah don't think like that. I'll pray that one day you'll be free from this disorder.
and yep didn't work coz people don't understand unless they have SA themselves.
It's ok - I've kinda accepted it now. Recovery is very challenging, the hardest thing I've done in my life, and I can't see a way to get better so now it's about trying to control the worst bits of it.
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that - how long have you had social anxiety for?
Anonymous #1
wanting to complete a project that requires more than a day to complete because i then lose all motivation to do it and then become even more depressed that i cant complete it xd
ugh why is this me aswell
especially when it's boring, my brain switches off and I go back to bed and stress about it
Anonymous #1
It's ok - I've kinda accepted it now. Recovery is very challenging, the hardest thing I've done in my life, and I can't see a way to get better so now it's about trying to control the worst bits of it.
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that - how long have you had social anxiety for?
I've had it since I came out my mothers womb lol
I used to think I was just shy but then realised all this overthinking and fear was not normal
How about you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I've had it since I came out my mothers womb lol
I used to think I was just shy but then realised all this overthinking and fear was not normal
How about you?
Nope, overthinking is horrible (I'm the same) and don't you hate it when people tell you to stop overthinking?
I've had my EDs three years now. Started off as anorexia, then attempted self-recovery, gained weight, discovered bulimia could help me lose weight while eating and the rest, as they say, is history.
Anonymous #1
Nope, overthinking is horrible (I'm the same) and don't you hate it when people tell you to stop overthinking?
I've had my EDs three years now. Started off as anorexia, then attempted self-recovery, gained weight, discovered bulimia could help me lose weight while eating and the rest, as they say, is history.
hate when they say that like it's easy, like thank you for that advice, why didn't I know to do this before lol?
I don't really know much about ED but what triggers you?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
hate when they say that like it's easy, like thank you for that advice, why didn't I know to do this before lol?
I don't really know much about ED but what triggers you?
I was told the other day after I had a depressive episode 'well just be positive' - like cheers for that!
So, so much triggers me it's unreal. Changes to routine, any kind of intense emotion, eating more than 800 calories a day, Government weight loss ads, any discussion of weight loss, any discussion of exercise - the list goes on haha.
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I want to be able to tell my driving instructor off for messing me about all the time but don’t have the guts
Anonymous #1
I was told the other day after I had a depressive episode 'well just be positive' - like cheers for that!
So, so much triggers me it's unreal. Changes to routine, any kind of intense emotion, eating more than 800 calories a day, Government weight loss ads, any discussion of weight loss, any discussion of exercise - the list goes on haha.
omg it makes me wanna punch them up
or when someone says what's there to be depressed over? like ***** sometimes nothing is wrong but it feels like your soul has been taken out of you.

ah I wish i could help you, I hate knowing that there are people out there suffering and I can't do anything to help. But just know that you're beautiful just the way you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (25)
30.86%
Less motivated (56)
69.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed