The Student Room Group

Can I get a maintenance loan whilst also getting an Advanced Learner Loan?

Hi, just got accepted into an Access to HE course at college (I'm 19), and will be hopefully be moving into student housing nearer the college to make life easier. I've already applied for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the tuition fees, but I'll need money to pay for the accommodation I'll be living in too. Is it possible to apply for a maintenance loan as well as the advanced learner loan? If so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks in advance.
Original post by sciretaylor
Hi, just got accepted into an Access to HE course at college (I'm 19), and will be hopefully be moving into student housing nearer the college to make life easier. I've already applied for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the tuition fees, but I'll need money to pay for the accommodation I'll be living in too. Is it possible to apply for a maintenance loan as well as the advanced learner loan? If so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks in advance.

There’s no maintenance loans available for FE study.

Your college might have a bursary fund available but it’s unlikely to be more than around £1k for the year - not comparable to the funding you get on a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending