The Student Room Group

Hows everyone feeling about the news released on GCSES 2021?

I'm really curious about how everyone feels about it the possibility of them changing certain things.
Original post by naimamahmood15
I'm really curious about how everyone feels about it the possibility of them changing certain things.

I feel satisfied but at the same time not.
Because subjects such as English lit have changed in my opinion quite a bit.

But other heavy subjects such as history and french were barely changed interms of workload.
So still very stressed about next year.
Original post by Mustafa2021

But other heavy subjects such as history and french were barely changed interms of workload.

I agree I'm still a bit stressed too but if you had the choice of dropping poetry would you do it?
Don't think it did much tbh :colonhash:
I agree I'm still a bit stressed too but if you had the choice of dropping poetry would you do it?

No. In year 10 I hated poetry and would jump at the chance to never see it ever. However lock down has made me reflect and give poetry another chance. I have been revising the gcse cluster and realised that I would rather drop the 19 th century novel. Howeve I have not started the novel yet so if in year 11 it turns out I am better at that than poetry. Then I will drop poetry instead.

Wdym French was barely changed? The speaking exam is now assessed separately and doesn't form a part of our actual French grade, they now only include vocab from the actual lists and we may get an extra option on the writing exam.
That seems plenty to me
Original post by Roses_Dreams
Wdym French was barely changed? The speaking exam is now assessed separately and doesn't form a part of our actual French grade, they now only include vocab from the actual lists and we may get an extra option on the writing exam.
That seems plenty to me

Actually I meant in my opinion. As I was very happy with french speaking so this change to speaking has not had a change on the way I would view french.

Also what do you mean by vocabulary lists and writing options. I did not see this in the changes made to french.
(edited 3 years ago)
Actually I meant in my opinion. As I was very happy with french speaking so this change to speaking has not had a change on the way I would view french.

Ah fair enough. Speaking was my strongest too.

what happened i hant heard
Original post by Roses_Dreams
Ah fair enough. Speaking was my strongest too.

What did you mean by only include vocabulary from actual lists and extra option on writing ?? I had not heard about this.
english im rlly happy for cos id love to drop poetry as for me remembering 5 quotes outta christmas carol and 3 about every character in i spector calls would be easier. history i read one topic will be dropped for example normans
I'm not 100% on the writing thing, but for the exams they're only including the vocabulary in the vocab list for your specification. So essentially if you learn the vocabary lists well none of the vocab should be unfamiliar. It's on the same doc as the other changes @Mustafa2021
Hi do you know if this is the same with the GCSE German?
Original post by bkjknkjkbj
Hi do you know if this is the same with the GCSE German?

Yes, I think so.
also check out ofqual itll tell you about every single change

Quick Reply

Latest