sahar_x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm unsure on whether I should take 3 A-Levels, 2 A-Levels and 1 BTEC or 3 A-Levels and 1 BTEC. Would any of these combinations give me an advantage?

For A-Levles I am thinking of: Business, Economics, Accounting or Sociology
For BTEC I am thinking of IT
anonirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Really depends on the career you want and what unis want for the course if you want to go to uni
Otherwise pick what you like doing there isnt any combination of number of alevels/btecs that gives you an advantage

My friend took Business and Law alevels to go and do Law at university and then took a level 3 btec in H&SC as a back up if you want to split your options that way
Last edited by anonirl; 3 months ago
futurelawtrainee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Agree with the top answer that it really does depend what you're looking to do in the future. Generally, you shouldn't mix and match and you're better off either taking three A Levels or one BTEC. What area do you want to work in/study?
sahar_x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by futurelawtrainee)
Agree with the top answer that it really does depend what you're looking to do in the future. Generally, you shouldn't mix and match and you're better off either taking three A Levels or one BTEC. What area do you want to work in/study?
I'm looking to do Accounting, or anything to do with Business in the future. I'm not sure if I'll go to university, I may try look for an apprenticeship.
futurelawtrainee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
With a Business path and possible Accounting niche then you might want to heavily consider Business or Economics A Level. Look through those course summaries in your top choice college and choose between either of them - do not take both, it'll be a waste of an A Level because they're so close. They are similar so the main difference is that if you choose Business, you're going to focus on companies and how they operate (against competitors, setting pricing, the supply chain, etc) and Economics is very similar just a lot more mathematical and graph-based. Take the time to find out if understanding maths (& possibly arithmetic) is your strong suit. If it is, I suggest choosing Economics and maybe even look into Maths A Level (really really difficult but if you can it's suggested).

Also, apprenticeships are definitely something to look into, e.g. ACCA. However, always keep University in mind but there isn't a reason to look that far ahead as you're only choosing your A Levels/BTEC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads