Student Finance - Being chased by Uni for payment

Watch
rp2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,I joined the QTS with PGCE (primary school teacher training) through student finance route on September 2019. However I dropped out of the course on November 2019 as I couldn't cope up with the pressure. Student Finance has already paid £2,250 to the university (TES). However, university notified me on March 2020 (i.e. 4 months after I dropped out) that the fee due was £3545.46 and chasing me for the balance of £1295 and even offered me a payment plan. University is also claiming that Student Finance will not make any further payment as I am no longer on the course.I am not working currently and not in a position to pay this amount. What options do I have? Any advise will be highly appreciated.Many thanks.
Last edited by rp2020; 1 month ago
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Load of bull, universities know this is how much they get paid with an SFE student. I would contact the university's student union, at the very least they can get you to the right place for info. I've just googled info - go to thescholarshiphub.org.uk and search tuition fee insurance. It tells you you're liable for 25% only. Whoever is dealing with you from your uni is clearly first day on the job....
I am also still on the PGCE I could cry how awful it is, sure I'm never going to teach!
Last edited by NeroliTenzing; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
23.53%
Less motivated (104)
76.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed