Do you have any sympathy for cheaters?

Watch
DaLordzzz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If someone cheated and then got tortured/killed,would you feel any sorrow for them or "hahahah you got what you deserved you cheating scumbag"

I thought of this question as I read a story about a cheating wife who got stabbed to death and I felt little empathy for her meanwhile my friend thought it was a "trajedy".
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont think cheaters shld be killed, cheating isnt the way to go but killing someone who cheated?? nah that isnt right.

(if you gonna cheat i suggest you just break it off with your partner 😇)
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Someone got stabbed! Of course I’d have sympathy :^_^:
If it was a serial killer though, not one bit :no:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think infidelity should be a capital offense (summary or otherwise) and it is tragic that she got murdered because it shouldn't have happened. Aside from that, no, I have very limited sympathy for them
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cheating isn't something worthy of death.

Rapists, murderers and such sure, they can all die and the world will be better off.
komarovivan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes but self-respect should come first. I'll accept your apology and all but don't expect me to get back with you lol
DaLordzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
Cheating isn't something worthy of death.

Rapists, murderers and such sure, they can all die and the world will be better off.
would you change your answer if the couple had kids and then she cheated?
DaLordzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
I don't think infidelity should be a capital offense (summary or otherwise) and it is tragic that she got murdered because it shouldn't have happened. Aside from that, no, I have very limited sympathy for them
DaLordzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by fattyguen)
i dont think cheaters shld be killed, cheating isnt the way to go but killing someone who cheated?? nah that isnt right.

(if you gonna cheat i suggest you just break it off with your partner 😇)
SportScience98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DaLordzzz)
If someone cheated and then got tortured/killed,would you feel any sorrow for them or "hahahah you got what you deserved you cheating scumbag"

I thought of this question as I read a story about a cheating wife who got stabbed to death and I felt little empathy for her meanwhile my friend thought it was a "trajedy".
I'd probably feel indifferent. I typically don't care about the external situation for people in random media tabloid stories, regardless of context. Although I'm not really one to celebrate their death either.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. We shouldn't go around killing people because they hurt our feelings, that's not the society I want to live in nor would I want any children I have to live in such a society that condones murder in the 'right circumstances'
Archetypally
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Obviously cheating doesn't justify torture or death. She could have had an affair with 15 men and had 100 children, it's still an unwarranted 'punishment' / outcome.
fattyguen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nope id just want them to leave my life, dont wish death or torture to anyone
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a very strange thread
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No way is someone getting killed a worthy punishment for cheating that's ridiculous
DaLordzzz
Rep:
?
by the way , my personal view is that if someone who cheated get's killed then I wouldn't really care that much.

basically, they didn't deserve it but they had it coming
SportScience98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People kill each other all the time for stupid reasons, that's the reality of the world I'm afraid.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Works both way, they might have got a harsh result, but brought it on themselves. Someone dancing on the edge of a cliff doesn't deserve smashed to death on the rocks, but it's still their own damn fault.

I guy I knew years ago was smashed by a husbands van, crushed pelvis, genitals destroyed. totally brutal attack, but he had tried his best to wreck a family. Even he accepted this....but that may have been the lack of testosterone...
SportScience98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Works both way, they might have got a harsh result, but brought it on themselves. Someone dancing on the edge of a cliff doesn't deserve smashed to death on the rocks, but it's still their own damn fault.

I guy I knew years ago was smashed by a husbands van, crushed pelvis, genitals destroyed. totally brutal attack, but he had tried his best to wreck a family. Even he accepted this....but that may have been the lack of testosterone...
Fully deserved if said person tried to wreck a family. Don't **** with a mans family because they will ****ing kill you
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Much as I think cheaters are lowlife, I would not want to see violence towards them. Even the serial cheater Boris Johnson.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.83%
No (179)
78.17%

Watched Threads