would someone be kind enough to explain if I should be offended or not

and if I should, why lmao

im a joke
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You don't really have much control over your emotions, they just exist. What you do with your emotions is a different thing, you do have control over that. What caused him to say that?
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Lol I would be offended to. Basically saying don’t reproduce and bring other humans like you in the world
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
a guy told me not to reproduce? I feel offended but I don't know why lmao

would someone be kind enough to explain if I should be offended or not

and if I should, why lmao

im a joke
What a ridiculous thing for someone to say! How dare he!

I can't tell you to be offended or not, but that would've definitely enraged me if someone said that to me.

Does that person know you?
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Why did he say that? I would be offended if someone said that for no reason.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
You don't really have much control over your emotions, they just exist. What you do with your emotions is a different thing, you do have control over that. What caused him to say that?
we were discussing something fairly political - he had a look through my twitter feed, noticed I rt'd some nails and a pretty girl and after calling me dense, he told me to do everyone a favour and not reproduce. honestly, it's just a fun way for him to tell me he's got a small **** but nevertheless, it feels offensive.

I'm not v good at articulating why something feels offensive, so was wondering if you could? if I'm being melodramatic, let me know haha
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
we were discussing something fairly political - he had a look through my twitter feed, noticed I rt'd some nails and a pretty girl and after calling me dense, he told me to do everyone a favour and not reproduce. honestly, it's just a fun way for him to tell me he's got a small **** but nevertheless, it feels offensive.

I'm not v good at articulating why something feels offensive, so was wondering if you could? if I'm being melodramatic, let me know haha
Well, it sounds like he needs to get over himself tbh. I wouldn't worry.

You are entitled to feel however the **** you please about whatever. Brains don't always make a whole lot of sense in that regard, what you do with the emotions is important though. For example, clearly he doesn't respect you (hence the remark), so if I was in your position, I wouldn't waste my time on him - the fact he disrespected you is probably why you're offended as well. Anyway, time is precious. Don't waste it on people who bring you down.

Also, no I don't think you're melodramatic (or a joke, like you said in your OP).

Take care of yourself. And be kind to yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
“Reproduce”? Like a sea horse?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago

You are not being melodramatic, he was trying to offend you by saying that people like you shouldn't exist. I would block him and move on.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
thank you guys, he's blocked <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads