The Student Room Group

Intercalation

I'm going into my third and final year this September, but I have had an extra year of student finance due to completing a year with the OU to get me into my current degree course. So third year of degree but fourth year of student finance. I've been approved for my finance and maintenance loan but I am going to have to intercalate for one year and return to finish my degree in September 2021. I've talked to the university finance support and they say as long as I suspend my studies before the start of term student finance england will still finance my last year in 2021 despite previous study as I didn't start my third year. I'm really panicking in case they are wrong and I don't get the last year of my degree financed :frown: I might try ringing student finance england but it's often so hard to get through! Can anyone reassure me (or terrify me if they believe different lol)
Thanks so much!
Original post by Cats444444
I'm going into my third and final year this September, but I have had an extra year of student finance due to completing a year with the OU to get me into my current degree course. So third year of degree but fourth year of student finance. I've been approved for my finance and maintenance loan but I am going to have to intercalate for one year and return to finish my degree in September 2021. I've talked to the university finance support and they say as long as I suspend my studies before the start of term student finance england will still finance my last year in 2021 despite previous study as I didn't start my third year. I'm really panicking in case they are wrong and I don't get the last year of my degree financed :frown: I might try ringing student finance england but it's often so hard to get through! Can anyone reassure me (or terrify me if they believe different lol)
Thanks so much!

Good morning, previous part time funding doesn't affect your eligibility for full time funding as long as you didn't gain a qualification from studying part time at the OU. If you message us on Twitter/Facebook or call us on 0300 100 0607 then we can review your account.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending